• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Isuca Episodes 1-10 streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Docoda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
If you liked DxD, you'll probably like this show as well.

That's a really stupid assumption tbh. The ecchi part of this show is executed extremely badly. The story was pretty shit as well while DxD has a pretty good plot and some nice world building. It's probably better to think that DxD fans (like me for example) will find this show really bad in comparison.

Unrelated to this, I occasionally open a review to check what ratings these reviewers give, but I probably shouldn't. Because most of the time I just ask myself to many questions around the people that wrote them. I don't know how objective or subjective they try to be. But C's and B's still seem generous in my eyes for this show.

Take this for example: "whether it or The Testament of Sister New Devil wins out as the premiere fan service title of their season is a close call." Are you really kidding me? A show like Isuca where occassionaly a breast suddenly pops out of ripped clothes or all the clothes get ripped off can't compare to anything in testament. Yes, maybe the breasts look pretty. But that really is all. Oh and we forgot the occasionally wet spot in the panty. I have no clue what the author's experience is with ecchi shows though. I'd understand him if he didn't watch a lot of them.

I might be bashing too hard on this show and the author, who knows. But I'm surely doubting a lot.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 am Reply with quote
I just caught up on this and don't understand all the extreme negativity. This anime comes off as a bit cheap but it isn't that bad. A C rating is fair and much of the demerit has to do with it being only 10 episodes. Many lost opportunities to make something interesting.

Nowhere near as good as DxD of course.

As tsundere pettanko heroines go, Sakuya is actually not that bad and manages some good moments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2