• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Magica Producer, Director Still Interested in Making More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
If they make a sequel to Rebellion but Gen Urobuchi isn't involved, count me uninterested.

We all know how Psycho-Pass 2 turned out Neutral
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind the franchise getting a sequel to the Rebellion movie.
anton.barbieri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I honestly want to know how people can consider an additional story to a 12 episode series with a movie as a sequel as milking... Must be desperate to criticize the core work just to criticize.
Galap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I'd certainly also like to see a continuation after Rebellion. I think Rebellion was the high point of the work so far, and I hope they continue in that vein of completely unchained visuals and aesthetics.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind seeing a good sequel of some sort to Rebellion.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Well making more Madoka wondnt be a bad thing but seening some of those spin off get an anime would be the better thing
meguca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, taking translation from 4chan is so cool.
Those inetviews were meant to be that they are not sure what to do next with the franchise. But you wrote it as opposite. Pathetic.
By this interview they more likely will make some spin-off but not a sequel.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
meguca wrote:
Those inetviews were meant to be that they are not sure what to do next with the franchise. But you wrote it as opposite. Pathetic.

All of our translations are done in house. The writer of this article is Japanese fluent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am surprised more Madoka anime has not already been announced.

Same here. Madoka is still a huge hit. There's already a bunch of manga spinoffs, they could easily just adapt one of those. Maybe Madoka will end up like the original Evangelion, no second season. Probably not, though. In any case, if they do any more Madoka I hope Urobuchi returns to actually write the show, as opposed to just signing his name off for the marketing team.
Trypticon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen Madoka Rebellion since the winter of 2013, and I do have the premium English dub set from Aniplex on order, however; it's on an order with that Darker Than Black Blu-ray set coming out in May.

Even then, I don't plan to watch Madoka Rebellion until early August when I have some days booked off; and I plan to watch the first two movies, which I've had for almost a year now and haven't watched, prior to it one day at a time. So, I'm intending to have a Madoka mini-marathon.

With that said though, I recall the ending of Madoka Rebellion quite well and it's very open to a sequel, in fact, Madoka Rebellion felt like half a story to me a little bit. More of a character exploration piece for Homura and a visual spectacle.

Provided that Urobuchi is still on board, there are nearly limitless possibilities for what could be done with the story now. Just thinking about how Kyubey is under Homura's thumb, Madoka is a powerless bird in a cage; that scenario alone lends itself to some scheming and plotting from Kyubey intending to free, but also manipulate Madoka; for his own purposes of course and Homura wanting to "protect" her.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
No shit they're still interested in a license to print money.

They can take mine. I'm interested in a slice-of-life Madoka anime Very Happy

Slice of life Madoka? YES PLEASE! Very Happy
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
If they're not making a follow-up, could somebody at least take my money and license that magazine for an English translation? The scanlations I've seen from it suggest they have some pretty good authors writing for it.
terminus24

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
SIMBO: Later I'd like to do an anime about Mami Tomoe's everyday life.

Tomoe Mami-no Heibon-na Nichijo anime confirmed. Very Happy

Seriously though, that's probably one of my favorite spinoff Madoka manga, and I'd love an anime adaptation of that. Of course, I really feel like Rebellion set the mainline Madoka series up for another season, and I'm kinda surprised that there hasn't been anything on that since Rebellion came out.[/quote]
noobster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Madokami vs. Evil Homu please.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
meguca wrote:

All of our translations are done in house. The writer of this article is Japanese fluent.

I don't know about 4-chan or ANN's translator's source or skills, but this translation is extremely misleading because it leaves out a lot of information kind of important to putting context to what was said and it misquotes the interview itself. I have the magazine and am not going off of any word except what I'm reading from the interview myself. I summarized the interview elsewhere, so I'll quote my summary here:

Quote:
As promised, I bought the magazine and read the interview. It's quite a casual interview, talking about Iwakami and mostly Shinbo's drama and movie preferences, their interests in the packaging by Aniplex for different series, deadline troubles, the decision to use Madoka's famous intro quote from the first poster (and voiced trailer), etc.

In regards to the future of Madoka Magica, he talks about being most interested, personally, in adapting the Kindaichi Kousuke series into an anime, but Madoka is also always on his mind. Iwakami thinks it'd be best to just release something like a fan disc for each character and include some sort of animation on them. Shinbo then says, "And I want to make an anime for 'Mami's Peaceful Everyday Life'." Iwakami then laughs, "Then we'll make a normal Madoka Magica work for everyone but Mami and turn Mami's into 'Mami's Peaceful Everyday Life'…" and mentions it's a joke, commenting that they've had contact meetings with other staff about potential future projects, but nothing substantial has come out of it yet. Still, everyone shares some general feeling of "We want to do something" and "We haven't made enough". Shinbo struggles to find a way to explain the second feeling and likens it to drinking one glass of sake and not feeling like you've drank enough yet. Iwakami follows Shinbo's analogy up with "Let's move onto the next store" and Shinbo agrees. He ends the interview by saying it's simply a matter of them just wanting to see more Madoka Magica themselves

Looking at ANN's translation, again, I see a lot of amateur translation mistakes, too. I don't necessarily want to doubt you, but it's been seeming more and more obvious that at least one of your translators' skills are not what they seem. They're not dead-set horrible, but I've picked out more than one translation mistake on the Madoka articles I've followed on here. I'd hardly put myself on professional translation level either, mainly because I do have to study more kanji (I studied business Japanese and my academic courses focused more heavily on grammar and linguistics of listening and speaking than writing), but I'm quite confident in my general translation skills and this accusation, at least to the point where I'd otherwise stay quiet about it because I have no actual personal knowledge of your translator, their nativity, or circumstances, and I respect others in the field of translation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4