• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shokotan Dumps 1,000 Cicadas Shells on Herself During Concert

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Chocolate Misu wrote:
Welp, thank you ANN for triggering my insect phobia......... Guess I won't be back for about 72 hours or until that header pic is gone from the front page......

I'm being serious btw.......

just adblock that image
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I remember one summer when I was a kid, we had tons of cicadas in my area the shells were everywhere and I was terrified of them even though they were just shells. Needless to say this doesn't appeal to me but whatever floats her boat.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I hate the fact that shokotan and this newsfeed sites keeps shoving this useless crap into peoples faces, like we give a damn.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Now that disgusts even me and I am person who has a pretty twisted sense of humor. When a celebrity does something outrageous like this, it shouldn't be a surprise if people has a negative view on them.

Why would anyone have a negative view on her for doing something gross? It's not morally wrong, it just disgusts people who are squeamish about cicadas.

There are certain types of cicadas that stay underground for 17 years before they all come out full blast. I was living in Baltimore in 2004 during a cicada invasion. It was gross, noisy (they chirp loudly), smelly (they rot en masse when they die), and disgusted a lot of people. But it was also downright magical. Walking through a swarm of cicadas in flight was like walking through a 3D movie. They were so big and lively, and they were completely harmless. It was a really cool experience to live through!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:49 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Now that disgusts even me and I am person who has a pretty twisted sense of humor. When a celebrity does something outrageous like this, it shouldn't be a surprise if people has a negative view on them.

Why would anyone have a negative view on her for doing something gross? It's not morally wrong, it just disgusts people who are squeamish about cicadas.

It's like Lady Gaga with the meat-dress.
DragonSpikeXIII

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
Shokotan... I kinda like you, but you're sick in the head girl...
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:08 am Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I remember one summer when I was a kid, we had tons of cicadas in my area the shells were everywhere and I was terrified of them even though they were just shells.

I remember them being quite populous where we lived when I was 5, and I was quite interested in them. We had shells aplenty for me to play with, and it wasn't that difficult to find one newly emerged from their shell and observe it as it rested while its wings dried out.

Apparently people's reactions to different creatures are set rather early in life.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
@Agent355: Considering Shokotan has done some weird behavior that we have gotten news on ANN before, I am standind by my statement.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:36 am Reply with quote
Now I'm reminded of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. They both had cicadas AND were both sick in the head.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
Dumping cicada shells on you constitutes being sick in the head? Laughing Where's your adventurous side, peeps?

I'd do it just for the opportunity to say I've done it. How many people out there can say that they've dumped thousands of cicada shells on themselves?

Then again, I am the person who took off my gloves in a cadaver lab prior to picking up a human brain just to say I held a human brain in my bare hands (also, I wanted to know what it felt like). Razz

Now, if these were lives cicadas, that'd be a different thing. I don't care for the thought of creepy crawlies all over me (though I imagine I'd give it a try if it was for a Fear Factor show with money at stake). But just the shells? No biggie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BillyMK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
Keep your fetishes to yourself girl.
ommadon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
She looks like an insect necromancer. I would guess less people are disgusted by animal furs, in principal they aren't that different. Though, I guess the cicadas weren't hunted and killed for their shells.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 am Reply with quote
Somewhere there is a Rule 34 of this.
animefan1238

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Sorry Japan. Got to do better than that to shock me with your weirdness.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
...Cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3