• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Vampires That Don't Suck

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Nice list, It lacks MOODA, and Antiheroes like Alucard. But Nice list.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
For the poll, it was kinda hard, seeing as I'd actually trust doctors like Black Jack and Chopper.

But Tucker? Shou Tucker? Yeah, that guy can go eff himself.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:
thank god no SAO

There are no vampires in SAO and no SAO series which aired during the Summer 2015 season. So this comment is utterly irrelevant and off-topic. Save your hate-spewing on the franchise for someplace where it actually makes sense to bring it up.

The ones on the list that I'm familiar with (all but Pachira) fit the theme Lynzee was aiming for better than any of the alternate suggestions made so far. Once I saw where she was going with this, there was not a shred of doubt in my mind about who would be #1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Can't believe I had to add Dr. Hiluluk from One Piece. If you look up "quack" in the dictionary, you see his picture. Very Happy
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I added Angelina Dalles (Madame Red) from Kuroshitsuji. spoiler[Never trust a serial killer]
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
This list seems very incomplete to me, especially in the realm of male vampires. In addition to staples like Alucard, there's also the whole cast of Vampire Knight and your title character from Vampire Hunter D. I'd also consider recruiting some of the Hakuouki boys, since that potion they take, in essence, makes them one.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Was the suck supposed to be a pun or not, ie are these supposed to be vampires that dont drink blood or just cool vampires, because Hazuki and Mooka drink blood. The rest of those listed as far as I remember don't really drink blood.

If its just vampires that are cool characters than yeah, Alucard should probably be at the top.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
This list seems very incomplete to me, especially in the realm of male vampires.

Seriously agreed. Only one male vampire?
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Was the suck supposed to be a pun or not, ie are these supposed to be vampires that don't drink blood or just cool vampires, because Hazuki and Mooka drink blood. The rest of those listed as far as I remember don't really drink blood.

If its just vampires that are cool characters than yeah, Alucard should probably be at the top.

I think 'vampires that don't suck' refers to vampiric characters that don't necessarily follow the 'traditional' format of vampirics. Some on the list are blood suckers but are portrayed somewhat, if not very, differently from the standard vampiric archetype.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
About the new survey for which Doctor do you not trust to perform your surgery, why is tralfalgar law on the list!? He is the best doctor in anime when it comes to an operation.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I had to add Dr. Asaki Fueguchi to the Doctor's poll. Sure, he's a ghoul, but he seemed to be a kind doctor.

I agree, Kaname Kuran should've been added to the list, him and a few from Vampire Knight. They can't mess with humans much.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm stunned Baby Steps S2 didn't make it into the top 20 in the last poll. Didn't anyone else watch it?
D no Amerika

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Barazo Makanshoku for sure. It was tough between him and Shou Tucker, but atleast I'd live and be a chimera than be dead he practically gets away with it (or, alive and have him hovering above me, breathing heavily. O_O) There's Stein, but seeing Spirit alive and well, I can trust him more that dude.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

This is a nice list.
I agree with those that I am familiar with, Hazuki, Moka and Karin, and this makes me want to check out some of the others.

For a "doctor" that I would not want to touch me I am thinking of the one squad leader in Bleach, but I need to look up his name.
Found him: Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Captain of Twelfth Company.

highly doubt that would put that quack job on this list let alone any vampires from bleach since the bounts arent technically vampires even though they created the legend in that series, and most importantly,their filler characters,not canon.

Also, this list is clearly for FEMALE VAMPIRES that dont suck. cause it was vampires overall,there is no way in hell any of those characters would out do Alucard as well as D no matter how cute those girls are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Also, this list is clearly for FEMALE VAMPIRES that don't suck. cause it was vampires overall,there is no way in hell any of those characters would out do Alucard as well as D no matter how cute those girls are.

...Except there was a male in the list. And no Alucard.

Also, this -

Quote:
This week's list looks at vampires you wouldn't mind inviting in through the window at 3 a.m.

If a vampire is going to show up for nocturnal activities, I'd prefer mine be a male.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5