• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Superhero Manga's TV Anime Briefly Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
TOHO are only mainly involved with 5 studios. Anybody outside these 5 studios i'm 99% sure will not touch this series.
The 5 studios include
Production I.G. (TOHO have been distributing their works since 2012)
TMS (The most heavily involved)
Bones (a few here and there)
A-1 (same situation as Bones)
Lerche (Assassination Classroom, not sure about their other projects)

To me, I highly think its either Lerche or TMS. The other studios already have 2-4 anime planned for next year, TMS only have 1 and Lerche have 2, but both come out in the same season. Lerche have the biggest chance since 1 - WSJ probably love them for what they did to boost Assassination Classroom's success, as well as fans loving them for their near perfect adaptation 2 - they have 3 teams, only 2 are confirmed to be working on an anime, and 1 of the teams working on an anime did 2 anime last year back-to-back.

Anyway i think its gonna be Lerche, but regardless, its gonna be at the least an enjoyable anime

I was thinking about Lerche too.
Arklight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how Saitama reacts on those "heroes"... Smile
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Ah, interesting. I've been thinking about checking out the manga, but think I'll wait for the anime first.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:

I was thinking about Lerche too.

Yeah it just fits them for some reason. The vibrant colours, the type of art style, the way their's both really dark and really happy moments close together, it just reeks Lerche tbh...

But hey if they get it, its gonna be fantastic. I think they've hit realisation this year. They've learned how to make adaptations that please fans, boost manga sales and sell BD's. I hope it'll be a new team tho instead of Mon Muso, School Live and Assassination Classroom teams. I love the excitement in seeing what their new teams bring in terms of creative flair. Each team is so unique in that regard.

But in all honestly, i just really want Lerche to have it for the main reason in that i sent them a message on their website begging for them to get this. That was ages ago tho. But even still, if they are indeed doing it then hey its possible they listen to their fans' wishes. If that's the case then fudge count me in on the Lerche fanboy train lol
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Great another fked up jump show, thanks money mongers
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:01 am Reply with quote
I just hope All Might looks like a standout silver age hero like he does in the manga, whit his unique shading and all.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Lerche would be the go too studio for such a project, I agree. If Toei land the job all interest will be lost.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think Midoriya looks like a Yuri Lowenthal kind of character. Maybe we can set him opposite of Johnny Yong Bosch yet again as Bakugo, but I think Bosch would be a better fit as Ida.

DontmesswithKarma wrote:
But in all honestly, i just really want Lerche to have it for the main reason in that i sent them a message on their website begging for them to get this. That was ages ago tho. But even still, if they are indeed doing it then hey its possible they listen to their fans' wishes. If that's the case then fudge count me in on the Lerche fanboy train lol

That'd be funny if they made this anime adaptation because you, specifically, requested it and they were sitting around bored in a conference room wondering what to make.

kurowa-san wrote:
I just hope All Might looks like a standout silver age hero like he does in the manga, whit his unique shading and all.

Yeah, and for bonus points, he'd be animated like a western character.

Though if you look carefully, Midoriya also has that same kind of comic book shading on him at certain points, especially when he's thinking about All Might.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2