• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon Adventure tri.'s 2nd Film Previewed in Visual

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:

Lastly, spoiler[ Imperialdramon's appearance in the poster will mean that we will finally be given the answer to the question of what really happened with the 02 Digidestined because that needs to be rectified and hopefully, won't be dragged out throughout the series.]

Ya that was one issue I had a problem with spoiler[Tk and Kari are members and friends with the second season Digi Destined yet they are completely missing and not a damn word about them from anyone. All we get was that cryptic opening sequence where it looks like they are all defeated or killed but after that nothing. Possibly we will learn that whoever the enemy is somehow wiped them from existence and is controlling them or something. If not kind of a big plot hole that no one seems to care about them. ]
Freyanne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:
Oh man! So excited. We fans have literally waited over TEN YEARS to see everyone else's Mega forms (well, I guess Angemon and Angewomon got to show off theirs briefly in the third film...)

Technically, we only saw Pata's.

They haven't really decided on Tailmon/Gatomon's. They tend to jump between Mangadramon/Holydramon and Ofanimon. The popular theory I've heard is that it depends on whether or not the tail ring is present.

Tail ring or not, I am almost 100% certain that they are gonna go with Ophanimon for Gatomon's Mega because of how it is the more popular of the two (plus the whole "Female angel counterpart" thing). Which honestly bums me out because as much as I do like Ophanimon's design, I really prefer Gatomon to have Magnadramon if at least for "variety's sake".

At least I'll hopefully get to see Phoenixmon (thanks to Biyomon) in tri - loved that digimon ever since I raised one in Digimon World and randomly got the card in a booster pack.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:04 am Reply with quote
You know, Digimon is part of my childhood more than anything else. But these films may get me curious enough.

Also, I hear of this Chiaki J. Konaka Digimon. I love Konaka works.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
Dejivice wrote:
If they keep going like this, I think we can expect the other future four movie's poster to feature the remaining characters pairs:

Sora and Koushirou
Takeru and Hikari
Daisuke and Ken
Miyako and Iori

Or they might go with the Jogress pairs, with Takeru and Iori, and Hikari and Miyako.

Would't mind seeing a Miyako and Ken poster, though.

To really make a lot of Digimon fans happy, they could go with Taiora. I could care less how this series ends, that shipping happening is most important to me. This goes with a lot of other series as well.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Then I look forward to our Angel pair then!

Still, I am kinda baffled to see how they portrayed Seraphimon as a "paper tiger" in Frontier. Is Seraphimon supposed to be that weak?

This is just my interpretation, but as far as Frontier was concerned, the Legendary Ten(and the Royal Knights) worked like Legendary Pokémon; just abnormally more powerful than normal Digimon. I handwave the kids continually getting their butts decimated by Adults and Perfects as growing pains and figuring out their Spirits. As far as the null canon goes, Human Spirits are more or less Adult-level(Champion) in strength, Beast Spirits are around Perfect(Ultimate), and the Fused Spirits are around Ultimate(Mega). So, taking that into account, it is kind of weird that four Adult/Champion level Digimon successfully ganged up on an Ultimate/Mega. Maybe you can make a case for him being frozen until just then and not being at full strength?

Uhm, the poster. I'm interested in what the deal is with the 02 kids. It was weird how nobody made any mention of them in the first movie. Imperialdramon's inclusion leads me to believe there'll be some type of answer.
DigiLife

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I do believe...

spoiler[for some reason, that new girl's Digimon took them out of the timeline (Maybe by accident to protect them?) and may be carrying a virus that Alphamon wants to stop. I think we only received a glimpse of Alphamon in the beginning with the 02 kids (Maybe because he arrived their too late) after the real threat finished them off. So, what ever evil force is causing the actual damage or future damage, has control over the 02 Digimons and we'll probably see them battle the adventure cast. The reason I say this is because, looking closer at the poster, Rosemon and Vikemon look like they are fighting Imperialdramon. ]

regarding Gatomon's mega I wish Ophanimon did take form. Not a fan of mangadramon. I feel they shoul've matched gatomon's forms with Patamon's from the beginning. Or some how revert gatomon's data to rookie data allowing her to digivolve into a new champion angel form that digivolves into Angewomon to Ophanimon (I can dream right) Smile Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2