• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: KIZUMONOGATARI: Wound Tale Novel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I was going to buy this regardless, but I wouldn't have been quite as eager to get my hands on a copy of Bake as I was to read Kizu, since I have had access to the Bake story animated for years already.

Might be my own personal bias, but I'd think that the majority of people familiar with the franchise would be in the same boat.

I would've still bought Bake, but I might not have pre-ordered it. I do have the BDs sitting on my shelf, so it's not like it's hard for me to access the story. Laughing
Dago314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Dago314 wrote:
Many of us will pin the books near the anime adaptations

Huh, I've never done that. And, while I agree, it would be nice to have a case/box for the book itself, I've never had an issue with my books getting damaged sitting on my shelves.

Though, I can't speak as to the quality of the paper stock used for this book...as it's yet to arrive. But, I've never bought a novel that came with a case/box. Add to that, I've no idea if Vertical would even be able to justify making a case for this book.

LNs are still seen as a bit of a risk in the English market, so I assume they probably would've liked to have done so, but couldn't due to the extra cost.

As for mentioning this being the 3rd novel, safe assumption is that Vertical were expecting a number of people already being familiar with what chronologically happens after Kizu, so they decided to grab the prequel that had yet to be adapted as an anime.

Hopefully, with the movies coming out, this will bring some more people to the book.

Well, I have. I find it relaxing to put source and adaptation near each other. To a fan and/or collector it grants a peace of some sort that's hard to explain.

Regarding your explanation on third paragraph, I wasn't wondering; It was more of a statement to declare it's position here on the forum rather than question it.

I'm waiting for Vertical-Inc to announce the publish of all books of The Monogatari Series. I really feel uneasy about their sudden publish of kizumononogatari, Many publishers tend to forget or drop interest once they've published something and the fans are left with an incomplete collection.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2