• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Luck & Logic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I think that's Venus, not Tamaki, who realizes where the soup comes from After all, she's the goddess of love.

But now that we know the tragic (or not) past of our heroes, probably can we start moving the story. I mean,spoiler[ what about the revelation that Athena talked to Lucifer and let him go?]
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:

,spoiler[ what about the revelation that Athena talked to Lucifer and let him go?]

spoiler[What do you think she could have even done? The guy's the most powerful Foreigner they faced and she was alone. All she could do was try and convince him to stop whatever scheme he's planning, but alone she could do little more]
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
Probably, maybe, they should've talked about it in the next episode? I mean, a 9.8 Foreigner is sliiiiight a bigger threat than a sleeping flying snake.

What I mean, for two episodes Lucifer was very bad news... then, next episode, Lonely girl is missing! To heck with the devil, let's make soup! (pun intended) Smile
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
The guy didn't seem to be making any moves yet and they don't have many clues on his current whereabouts so what can they do. Plus he seems to be more the final boss so they're not going to finish with him for a while.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If she's so good at instantly reading people and figuring out their wants and needs though, how is she so bad at Trancing when Athena says the only requirement is "the ability of both parties to reach out to each other?”

... because the gods have to reach out to her in return and there's nothing there for them to grasp? The show itself points it out in this very episode with Athena and Olga which got a twofer laugh from me starting with Athena's barely spoken "Ugh" to the Trance Crash!" announcement before Olga finished taking his first step.

Ah yes, now I remember what this is taken from: Negima's Aoi and her story in a shounen manga about being a secondary character- Literally even. By the way, she's the nurse for her soccer team so, um, well. Not everyone can be lead, you know. That's... sectionist? Yukari's here to make her god look good.... I like it.

Also, we saw Olga skulking around the captured Gods trying to find a trance partner when he was pictured as a villain.

Quote:
(Stockholm Syndrome much?)

Adorable, no. He had still the body of that human guard in him. Who knows what the boss lady was thinking exactly.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
What I liked about this episode is that in the past episodes the story has not revolved around "mr. cliché hero". In fact, he had a supporting role while supporting character had a main role.
Bluuumeee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:05 pm Reply with quote
The TCG which this based on is very, very fanservicey. I thought the anime had done a good job of toning down the fan service in the first half of the show, but then this episode came along and I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I don't know if I should blame the writer or Bushiroad more for this, since I hear that companies producing TCGs usually have some sort of say in anime based on their products .

I'm surprised though, that the show doesn't feel very harem-y, at least not in the romantic sense. Sure, he's on team full of girls, and there's plenty of fan service to go around, but they aren't falling for him left and right. Only Athena has shown any explicit attraction to him.

I thought Yoshichika and Athena's spat was quite well-handled, actually (save the bit about the towel falling off). They both had justifiable reasons for acting the way they did. And I liked Tamaki's talk about Athena as well.

I sometimes get the feeling that Lauren decided a long time ago that this show was going to be bad, and sees every misstep the show makes as validation. Ah heck, it's not I'm in any position to criticise- a lot of her points are valid, though I'd give the first half of the show a bit more credit than she did. The writing, however flawed, shows enough sincerity in certain moments that I think it's a shame that that earnestness isn't capitalised on.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeah..Hm, maybe the reviewer should just drop this? The reviews aren't garnering that many responses, and the ratings are awful, so is it still worth ANN's precious time and money? I mean, continuing reviewing something which you don't like is not fun, right? Unless it's fun pointing out all the flaws, then I can't really say anything.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Yeah..Hm, maybe the reviewer should just drop this? The reviews aren't garnering that many responses, and the ratings are awful, so is it still worth ANN's precious time and money? I mean, continuing reviewing something which you don't like is not fun, right? Unless it's fun pointing out all the flaws, then I can't really say anything.

I didn't pay close attention but wasn't this series selected for episode-by-episode reporting by an audience survey? It's Orsini's job to write them up.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:

I didn't pay close attention but wasn't this series selected for episode-by-episode reporting by an audience survey? It's Orsini's job to write them up.

No, you're right, it was definitely by audience choice. I was just rembering that Trinity Seven was once dropped after a few weeks of streaming reveiws, so I was just wondering if something like that couldn't happen again. Like last year, I was sure Hope Chapman would drop Chaos Dragon, but to my surprise she actually watched it all the way through. It could be that what happened with Trinity Seven was just a one-time thing.
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I am really enjoying this anime.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:57 am Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Fronzel wrote:
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Yeah..Hm, maybe the reviewer should just drop this? ... I mean, continuing reviewing something which you don't like is not fun, right? ...

No, you're right, it was definitely by audience choice...
Yes, it seems Ms. Orsini should take a cue from Paul Jensen who reviews BBK/BRNK, which is a genuine stinkeroo and yet he keeps finding some slight way to be positive in his reviews week after WTF week. Actually, L&L isn't all that bad if you accept it is a preteen fantasy show to sell another card trading game and not a contender for a literary prize. I enjoy it as such and it has a number of good points, unnecessarily pervy father aside. This reminds me of another show a few seasons back where it was painfully obvious the reviewer really disliked it and I couldn't understand why ANN didn't just get someone else who actually liked the show to ghost-write or something.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Bluuumeee wrote:
I'm surprised though, that the show doesn't feel very harem-y, at least not in the romantic sense. Sure, he's on team full of girls, and there's plenty of fan service to go around, but they aren't falling for him left and right. Only Athena has shown any explicit attraction to him.

I think that Tamaki might also be interested in him, with all these blushes this episode.
ChaseM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The quadcopters were sent in by the leader of the laboratory to try and stop them from joining up with Veronica.

The video was actually hacked by Veronica's team from the laboratory and shown to everyone, it wasn't just found.

I was more curious as to how Veronica got the snowmobile all the way up on one of the beams. Seemed a bit fishy to me. lol
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The drones were sent by the lab director to prevent Yoshichika and the rest from meeting with Veronica.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3