• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike the Blood Gets New Original Video Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Its interesting to note they say OVA series, instead of ova, implying it will have at least 2 if not more episodes. I think the ova is not a bad route, look at To Love Ru, it has a intermix of ova seasons and tv seasons.

Also sure the tv series is used as a promotion but if it can pull in the numbers that stb and index did, then it covers the cost of the production negating the need for increases in the light novel.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:
it's like say Index, sales of the LN's have peaked, so that's why it'll never get a third season.
Except that recently Index has been getting a lot of attention and news of a Season 3 seems to be right around the corner
They were only saying that to calm the fans, ASCII Media Works is done promoting Index in animated form as the LN sales can't be increased anymore. That's the only reason they were ever interested in helping to make the anime in the first place. Remember one of the main reasons most anime are made in the first place, a publisher is looking to increase sales of the source material and then move onto the next series to promote. Most anime are overly long advertisements.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
While new StB is nice, sad that this is stuff that may never be licensed in the west.

If you are referring to the tv series, Discotek is/was going to release it on DVD.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-02-04/discotek-adds-free-robot-carnival-vampire-hunter-d-bloodlust-more/.84069

Nah, what I meant but "this stuff" was OVA releases. When they're not an OVA that has been released with the TV series, they usually don't get licensed.

There are some OVAs, like PapaKiki's, that I'd like to see licensed...but know they never will. Alright, maybe not never, but it's highly unlikely.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Too bad the publisher isn't going push for a second season, but i'm glad OVA series is coming at least. I just hope it expands series horizons little. Make it more than 2-episode monster of the week thing.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, hopefully we do get a second season at some point, but if the OVAs start adapting the source material rather than being purely new material, and they end up adapting the whole thing as OVAs, I don't think that I care much. IMHO, the key thing is that it gets adapted and not whether the resulting episodes end up on TV or as OVAs. But if the OVAs are always new material, then while they're nice to have, they'll ultimately be disappointing as long as there aren't more seasons to go with them which actually adapt the source material. But as long as Yen Press continues to release the light novels, at least we'll get the story. And that's something that didn't used to be the case at all with anime series that were adapted from light novels. So, we're way better off with StB than we would have been with a series adapted from light novels 10 years ago.

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to this. I liked StB the enough that I actually bought the Japanese Blu-rays (though I have to take the subs from fansubs to get a translation, since they don't come with English subtitles). So, any more StB getting released is a good thing IMHO.

Key wrote:
StB is one of those franchises that I like more than I actually think it's good. But that means that more of it is always welcome; after all, when it comes to visually appealing female character designs, the anime version has few equals.

Yeah. I think that the series is good story-wise, but it could be better, and it is one of those series that's just so likeable that you're willing to overlook its flaws. And the female characters are very appealing both in looks and personality, which definitely doesn't hurt. Smile It's also another reason to want all of the light novels adapted even if you really like reading. You just don't get the same type of fanservice with a book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2