• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Makes The Dragon Maid of Kobayashi-san TV Anime for January Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:

It's KyoAni so it's really just perpetual teasing at the expense of actual character development most of the time.

The manga itself barely has any character development, and its a decent adaption, it won't be teasing..

Animechic420 wrote:

The manga is shoujo ai with GL subtexts.

Also known as 'yuri' to everybody else.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
didn't watch Free and Hibike! Euphonium so I dont know. I was interested with Violet Evergarden

Why watching all the rather mediocore shows but not Hibike Euphonium which is arguably one of their best shows ?
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:58 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Note that I said that's what I am interested at right now. I AIN'T speaking for the general public so calm your nerve. I don't gave a shit about gender either so that's why I watched Drifter. Watched 1000 anime by the way? Well, good for you. Anime indeed is a media that has the best balance between gender equality so all the while make me appreciated this interest even more.

Edit: Ain't yuri a term that is normally used for H-series just like how Yaoi is used for the more explicit counterpart of shounen-ai? I guess it's easier to typed yuri anyway.

Last edited by Afezeria on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
I actually totally saw this coming. The manga was getting really popular. And while I enjoy the manga, even now, I'm not sure if I want to see it animated. The style is so awkward and sloppy that I'm not sure it can fined enough to be pleasant on the eyes. It'll probably end up looking like I Can't Understand What My Husband. Still, fine, though. More for me to watch in January :p
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
I actually totally saw this coming. The manga was getting really popular. And while I enjoy the manga, even now, I'm not sure if I want to see it animated. The style is so awkward and sloppy that I'm not sure it can fined enough to be pleasant on the eyes. It'll probably end up looking like I Can't Understand What My Husband. Still, fine, though. More for me to watch in January :p

I don't think the manga is not the popular though, when did it ranked in sales?

I doubt it'll look like the other manga from this mangaka though, with KyoAni animating it.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Well, maybe really popular was a poor choice of words, but I was surprised by how fast the scanlations were coming out. And I've actually come across people both online and in real life who kept up with the manga, so I assumed it was getting its fair share of attention as that rarely happens with unpopular titles.

Edit: Well, the art actually looks better than I thought it would lol Still somewhat awkward though
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:

Why watching all the rather mediocore shows but not Hibike Euphonium which is arguably one of their best shows ?

Because I like it? Call it mediocore or whatever, it is way better than yaoi and yuri baited anime. By the way, I also like Hyouka and Kyoukai no Kanata. Both are mediocore type anime but enough to give good impression to me. And the last comedy show I ever enjoy made by them was Nichijou so this kinda give mixed feeling on how they will do the next comedy show.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Edit: Ain't yuri a term that is normally used for H-series just like how Yaoi is used for the more explicit counterpart of shounen-ai? I guess it's easier to typed yuri anyway.

nope, yuri is all encompasing, shoujo ai and shounen ai were terms made up in the west to segregate the sexula and non sexuals stuff, so good luck with borderline one; tho I particularly loathe them because shounen ai and shoujo ai in japon are synonims with lolicon and shotacon.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
dude what ?
This looked like something Creators in Pack would pick for another short.
Interesting.
+ 光

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be a short or a full-length show?

And I'd rather have Violet Evergarden...I was so sure it would come out in January based on the timing of the PV and KyoAni's other projects (after A Silent Voice and Hibike!).
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
One of my anticipated Anime series of 2017 and after hearing that it'll be animated by KyoAni I'm more excited than ever. Very Happy
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
@Maximilianjenus : Thanks for info.

Edit : Finally got an avatar going! It's so small though.

Last edited by Afezeria on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
Is this going to be a short or a full-length show?

I don't think KyoAni make shorts even with 4-koma adaptations like Lucky Star, K-On and Nichijou, so expect a full-length series.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
TheRahi00 wrote:

Because I like it? Call it mediocore or whatever, it is way better than yaoi and yuri baited anime. By the way, I also like Hyouka and Kyoukai no Kanata. Both are mediocore type anime but enough to give good impression to me. And the last comedy show I ever enjoy made by them was Nichijou so this kinda give mixed feeling on how they will do the next comedy show.

I called them mediocore because you said that you didn't liked them. I hardly think any Kyoani anime is mediocore thanks to their directing style, animation, attention for details and so on. Also this is a line which I keep seeing which annoys me so much. Hibike is not Yuri. Not even close to being a yuri, it's just the fandom exaggerating as always. I wouldn't even call it Yuri bait. Hibike has so many other good points and gets called one of the best Kyoani shows for a reason. Of course not saying that you have to watch it, but I find it odd to see that you watched so many other Kyoani shows but not this one.
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Given the history of KyoAni being terrible at adapting lighter/comedy shows, I'm not very excited about this.
I thought Studio Seven did a good job with "I can't understand what my husband is saying", why not give this project from the same author to them once again? Hell, why not Doga Kobo? They've consistently proved they're great at light-hearted/comedy shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4