• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Ajin: Demi-Human Anime for Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:54 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:

Read the article and what they got the license to. Home video and video on demand rights. TAN has a VOD service. Though again I'm taking the possibility with a grain of salt.

Elsewhere it was reported they have transactional video on demand rights, which means pay-per-play. The last exposure I had to TAN's VOD service (which granted was a decade ago or more), it appeared to be subscription video on demand only.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
This is a good pick-up for Sentai. If I had to guess, I'd say that at least initially, they will release the two seasons so far as separate sets. The third season hasn't even come out yet, of course. Then maybe at some point in the future, the whole thing will get released as a complete collection. It may just be my faulty perception, but Sentai doesn't seem to be as speedy about releasing multi-cours titles as complete collections any more. For example, shows like Penguin Drum and Tegami Bachi Letter Bee have not received complete collection releases despite being released years ago.
MisakiLove

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Karl2 wrote:
I hope they include the OVAs'.

Same! Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes.

Bought Smile

As others have said, hope they can include the OVAs. And do a premium edition like the Sidonia ones Smile

MarshalBanana wrote:
I think that people forget that Sentai are all about home distribution and whatever is happening the world of simulcast has little to do with them.

I just wish they'd dub at least a few more things for their home video releases. They've gotten a little too stingy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2