• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Summer 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely surprised that DIVE!! didn't make it given how I myself feel unenthusiastic about checking out episode 2, but I was hoping someone would cover it just to know if it eventually picked up. OTOH I'm surprised the Smartphone show and Knight's and Magic did make the cut given how everyone said they were pretty generic and uninteresting

Quote:
James Beckett
Made in Abyss
The Reflection
Love and Lies
Vatican Miracle Examiner

So... which of these will be the Hand Shakers of the season?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, every show I voted for except Hell Girl 4 is getting reviewed. Even Magical Circle Guru-Guru made it in and that was one I thought wouldn't. I'm very pleased with this and looking forward to the reviews. And GainaxFanboy, your comment is not necessarily true as this season contains many interesting shows, not just those 3 you mentioned, that myself and some others on this site are quite enjoying at the moment. Your comment didn't sit right with me, so that's what propelled me to share my thoughts.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

Questions on the Owari specials: How are you going to handle that given it isn't going to be broadcast weekly? Will it be reviewed in one daily streaming style post after they air in August or just a regular review? Will it be included in the rankings?

It sorta depends on how Crunchyroll puts them up. If they put them up in a series of episodes over a couple days, that's how they'll be reviewed. If not, we may put them up in full "series" review format. Because we don't know yet, we decided to just make a note that we'll be covering it in this announcement.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Sigh i always miss out on this polls, cant they pin em somewhere on the front page?? so that more people can see it right away or smth >_>
Feyster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
When will this review come up for the newest episode of Made in Abyss then?
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:50 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Sigh i always miss out on this polls, cant they pin em somewhere on the front page?? so that more people can see it right away or smth >_>

They are on the front page, in both the big banner and the sidebar. They're only up for about 30 hours or so though. Gotta vote fast!
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I wish Saiyuki Reload Blast got reviewed but I get it since it is a continuation. Also I wish Hitorijime My Hero got a review. Hopefully someone will review both when the season ends.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Man it's a shame Sagrada didn't manage to get continued coverage. Even though I never watched past the 1st episode it was one of the highlights of the season for me thanks to the reviews. Ah well I'd say Gabriella deserves to be freed from that show anyway even if I will miss her reviews for it.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Guru-Guru made it in and that's all I care about. Very Happy
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that all the shows I wanted made it through and all that, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that an update on the Utena reviews was the most exciting thing on that list for me. Anime hyper

Here's to your speedy recovery, Jacob!
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Scobydoo at the vatican is probably going to be our new chaos dragon, I guess they made it up to James by giving him abyss (or, plot twist, abyss will go all out on it's darker side and plummet in the ranking).

A bit disappointed action heroine cheer fruits didn't make it, it has potential (although not sure if it'll sustain it). Even more surprise Yokai apartment and smartphone did make it, they're just so... mundane. Gal girlfriend is unsurprising, wonder what the weekly review will be like.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Wohoo all my choices got in! But considering how many are getting reviewed, not totally surprising. Too bad that F/A and Kakegurui can't be reviewed...

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with this season's crappy shows to know which one was the season's turd to try and push in (if there was any). I didn't watch Hand Shakers past the first ep but read most of the reviews (same with Chaos Dragon).
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
My gut feeling right now is that Smartphone could be this season's Hand Shakers/Chaos Dragon, as of the lower-scoring titles which made the cut, that's the one I see with the least potential to get better (or at least more entertaining).

An equally good question is which title which didn't start good is going to end up being much better by the end of the season (a la Akashic Records last season). I think My First Girlfriend actually has a shot at that, but if it doesn't then it should at least be fun to lambaste.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
My gut feeling right now is that Smartphone could be this season's Hand Shakers/Chaos Dragon, as of the lower-scoring titles which made the cut, that's the one I see with the least potential to get better (or at least more entertaining).

An equally good question is which title which didn't start good is going to end up being much better by the end of the season (a la Akashic Records last season). I think My First Girlfriend actually has a shot at that, but if it doesn't then it should at least be fun to lambaste.

If we can get to the part where Junichi (Male MC) starts to grow as a character and stuff then I think it can become a surprise hit. Hopefully the anime can keep his three stooge friends (Some of the most universally reviled characters in the history of manga and now anime) out of the story.
wildbill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:45 pm Reply with quote
They really need to wait until there are at least 2 ep of each show before they have the vote. 18if got really interesting in EP 2. Well at least I know it is worth watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4