• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto Anime Reveals New Visual for Upcoming Chūnin Exam Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:43 am Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:
Say what you like about the Boruto anime or the end of Naruto but that fact that they foreshadowed an anime-only character 2 years before he would appear, in the sequel to the serious, shows serious planning.

I wish I could say the same about NaruHina becoming canon in the manga. No, I think that was more of a Plot no Jutsu/ass-pull. If Kishi truly intended NaruHina almost a decade before ch. 700, then he could have developed their relationship better.
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
FantasticHarmony wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:
The original series implied that they spent about 5 years at the academy before graduating. They entered when they were around 7 and left when they were around 12.

I think that because they are in a peace time, they start going to the academy around 10,11,12 instead of around 6 or 7 as they did in Naruto

I was always under the impression that some students started earlier or later, like you just had to be ready to take the graduation exam. But I could be thinking of a completely different anime.

This also makes sense now that we know that not all academy graduates actually go on to become ninja and that some students are just studying Ninjutsu casually. We don't know if that was the case in the original Naruto series, but I always wondered if that could be the case, considering how many of Naruto's classmates just seemed to have disappeared come time of the chuunin exams.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2