• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Talentless Nana (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Well, it seems to have gotten out that there may be an enemy among them, but it was under Nana's terms so most of them look up to her as their possible leader. Nana even has someone who will stick with her, that girl in group of four in the promotional art, which really should have avoided killing since rid of the very next person she makes friends with could be setting up a pattern. Although there is still a pattern of attacks or missing people of people she made friends with. The fact that Nana got told that a lot of people would be killed by her feels like further evidence that Nana is being lied to.

But things also look bad for her in a guy who supposedly can take pictures of future events, having photo evidence of her killing him and Nanao. I suspect though that this will be some kind of misdirection from the guy's part, such as that he is maybe good at doctoring shots, guessed what happened to Nanao and maybe has some other ability to cause the soma accident, or some other twisted aspect.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Nana didn't kill Licking Healer Girl. There's so many jerks in that class why not start killing some of those a-holes instead of basically nice people?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I got to stop watching this show. I'm done. I just watched a guy try to blackmail a killer with photos of his own death.

"Why would you want to kill me?" She's going to change... look, I'm just done with how god damn DOG/Inu dumb this "smart" show thinks it is.... I was still reeling from Nana's "intelligent" proclamation that she would have to strike at Michuru's back and not heart, throat, head... go on, behead her, I'd like to see her lick that.

And even before that I was reeling from Nana's thought of how a healer could hamper her killing spree.

That's not how that works, Michuru can't lick death away. How.. Why... What...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
And even before that I was reeling from Nana's thought of how a healer could hamper her killing spree.

That's not how that works, Michuru can't lick death away. How.. Why... What...

Pretty sure that Nana is pretty much brainwashed. Whatever is in her past, she will believe what authorities are telling that the talented are dangerous and will be responsible for deaths, and is rationalising with herself how those make sense, even if there is absolutely little actual evidence. Rather than seeing it as a flaw in the show, I think that we are meant to actually question it and make ideas off of the fact that Nana does not question it.

Would not be surprised if someone close to her was killed by Talented, or she thinks they were, and she has been bottle fed propaganda to believe that the Talented are inherently dangerous and evil enemies to humanity. She just thinks that she is on the side of the knowers of truth in understanding that there are no inhumane enemies of humanity other than the Talented.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 am Reply with quote
Okay, precog guy's photos were right, It was just mostly confident that he could overpower Nana even if the event happened, and wanted to use it to get favours out of Nana. Seemed kind of obvious that nana would then fake a picture to get an event she wanted. We finally have a body shown onscreen rather than implications, Nana looked like she moved through it all well. But someone else has seen the picture of her pushing Nanao, although I suspect that she will give Nana the benefit of the doubt.

Going to be real, I kind of am enjoying this following the killer scenario. It helps that Nana is convinced that they are all monsters, with there maybe being a chance that in the end she will realise that she has been lied to and is wrong.
Yoshiro-chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:32 am Reply with quote
Ep 5:
Nana got almost everyone trust as their new leader after killing nanao ,but then the future photo guy get an evidence that nana killed nanao and that she is killing him.
Instead of showing that to the others, he believes that destiny can't change and blackmail nana to be his girlfriend until she kill him
(that is the most dumb thing person will do when he know he will be killed,in my opinion)
Now the most thing that i want to know what nana will do to the cute little michiru after seeing the photo(will nana kill her or michiru didn't realise what is the photo about)

By anyway we must wait another week to the episode to know
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:10 am Reply with quote
I thought it had been stipulated that Michiru needed to lick a wound to heal it? Am I misremembering that. Anyway, I'm not loving Micchy's chances for survival now that she's seen something she shouldn't. She's such a sweetie, I'll be very bummed if that bitch Nana kills her.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Pretty sure that Nana is pretty much brainwashed. Whatever is in her past, she will believe what authorities are telling that the talented are dangerous and will be responsible for deaths, and is rationalising with herself how those make sense, even if there is absolutely little actual evidence.

I don't think we've seen Nana's parents, have we? Perhaps they were killed either by some Talented or by the government who then blamed it on the Talented? The show focuses too much on the "how" and not enough on the "why." Unless the answer is so uninspired that they're keeping it to themselves until some big later reveal.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Kind of feels like one of those quick so obvious in retrospect to realise that the boy that is pale and has bandages covering wounds is not the necromancer, but he is actually the zombie being controlled by the actual necromancer. Also explains why he only came out at night. Nana didn't fully realise the inconsistencies with the story until hulk zombie had her on the floor. My guess is that Nana will convince the girl that she can hear Shinji's inner thoughts and he is actually in pain.

First Nana killed a boy who's power was stopping other powers, only to find out there is a time traveler who could go to that moment. She kills the time traveler to have a detective hot on her heels but can't kill him because he happens to be immortal. Then a boy has the ability to get pictures of the future and got one of her killing the first, so she killed him and now had to deal with a necromancer. A lot of these powers are almost perfect for tripping up trying to off them.
Yoshiro-chan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6:
The real necromancer was yuka and because her love to shinji she revive(as a zombie) him.After nana poisoned shinji and come to poisoning yuka someone hit her in the head at first she thinks that yuka hit her but after that it revealed that shinji is a corpse and yuka was the necromancer wanting to poison nana because she poisoned shinji(that feels like she is type of a yandere).And then she knows that nana killed nanao,shibusawa,and tsunekichi.And nana simply say that she is the one who killed them.
By the way,I am happy that nana didn't kill michiru ,but I want someone to be useful like kyouya to reveal nana truth (I wish the end is going to be good .To not make the show that a girl is just wiping her classmates from the reality)
I feel like every time nana kills someone can reveal her truth after she kill him another person come has the power to reveal her truth and then again kill him (I wish that the next episodes would end this circle)
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Whether Nana is brainwashed or not and whether she had some trauma in the past that a Talented caused, is not relevant to what happens to Nana in the future. It may explain why she is the way she is now, but it never can be an excuse for what she has done, and what she is doing now.

The best that we can hope for Nana is that she has a denouncement of some kind, where she realizes the evil she has done and is truly remorseful for her actions, before Nana ultimately is killed or dies. But Nana dying (whether by another's hand or her own actions) is a necessary end to her arc.

Now if this show is merely a killing game, Nana might survive to terrorize a new school of Talented.

An even more horrible thought, is if this anime going to end where the survivors forgive Nana's murders and they are friends now, much like Yuki Yuna is a Hero.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

So Yuka really did have an army of zombies, she had found a bunch of the dead bodies from previous culls, something about that confuses Nana. She knows there were people before her, but apparently a bunch of bodies buried in the mountains does not line up with what she was aware of.

Yuka was also revealed as crazy, she never dated Shinji, another girl was and Shinji hated Yuka as a stalker. It was Yuka who started the fire so that she could have Shinji to herself. At the least that does make her death a bit more palatable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Double whammy kill this episode, the Nana killed the two gyaru girls the same day she killed Yuka. Quite a bit of cat and mouse between Nana and Kyouya, Kyouya making the decision to focus entirely on Nana so that she cannot cover up any evidence. Interesting that we are seeing these kind of stories from the killer perspective, knowing things like the telepathy us a red herring. Nana may be found out if she still has the phone that was used, indeed it would be damning if he is about to catch her red handed, or it would make him look like a fool if his accusations turn out false.

I somewhat guess that Nana managed to get rid of the phone or is about to get away with this, since it ending on a cliffhanger makes me think that it is most likely to be resolved more in Nana's favor. I would actually be more surprised if exactly what we think would happen with having the phone on her.
Zork

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 am Reply with quote
For someone who plays video games and doesn't interact socially, Kyouya sure has some exceptional deductive skills. He could put Sherlock Holmes to shame. I'm not sure why, but that's causing me to become more and more annoyed and irritated by his character.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Nana indeed had a plan out, something about being able to use a corpse's hand to somehow time sending the message, able to deflect the accusation and make Kyouya look foolish. Things suddenly took a strange turn when sweet Michiru suddenly threatened Nana with the idea that Nana is lying about her power. Nana managed to get through without now not so sweet Michiru outing her, before Nana realised that this cannot being Michiru but is someone else.

Enter a survivor from a massacre on the island five years earlier with the power to shapeshift, the other students were the ones buried and turned into zombies. He seems to be of the mind that the students at the time did it to themselves in their war, although the faculty were quick to leave, so they may have still been manipulated into the battle. Anyway, this guy had at times been the cat that Kyouya fed and other times been a bird watched things, he was well onto Nana and wanted to make some sort of deal. Nana thought she ended this prematurely by poisoning the guy, before we find out that he can also copy power along with forms, so he could survive it with Kyouya's and is on his line to having some idea of who is behind it. But don't kid that this guy is innocent, since it seems well hinted that he played both sides in the civil war he survived so that he would be the only one left, he is a monster in his own right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3