• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ufotable Founder Hikaru Kondo Admits to Evading 138 Million Yen in Taxes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote
Dab1za9 wrote:

what he was going to use the money for is irrelevant but how would we know it was for personal use when he literally never used them ? 3 years worth of money and it was untouched.

Do we really have to explain to you that it doesn’t really matter how or where you spend stolen money? Also since that has to be explained you might want to look into money laundering. There’s a reason when you steal large amounts of traceable money you don’t spend it until you find ways to turn it into less traceable means. Just cause he hadn’t got there yet doesn’t magically make the theft not a crime.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:26 am Reply with quote
Yikes - a lot of people bending over backwards to forgive a large corporation for tax evasion. Glad they caught him.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Some cleanup has been done. The belligerent back and forth and personal insults stops now. As does the massive quote mountains you guys are producing that is breaking the page for other users. I suggest some simply agree to disagree and move on at this point since it cant be kept civil.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kondo issued an apology, admitting that he thought his tax evasion

I guess you could say Hikaru... no Go.

Now we look forward to the closing news where his sentence is declared. Mamare Touno (Log Horizon; Also tax evasion) got a sentence of ten months in prison, on a three-year suspension.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2