• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv Alternative Anime Adds 4 Cast Members

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animefan57892

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:29 am Reply with quote
GNPixie wrote:
I feel really bad for Tama's VA though; she did Akiha in Melty Blood and Carnival and got replaced for both the Tsukihime remake and Melty, even though her new VA did an excellent job, it still sucks. Meiya's VA is largely unknown outside of Meiya but Sumika's VA at least reprised Amane in the Grisaia anime stuff.

Tama's VA hitomi's last TV anime role was in 2013.
Meiya's VA okushima kazumi's last TV anime role was in 2005.
Sumika's VA taguchi hiroko's last TV anime role was in 2015. Grisaia trilogy games' non-18+ version (PSP & PS Vita) released in 2013-2014. Grisaia trilogy anime released right after the games in 2014-2015. It's reasonable they didn't recast.

It seems that the new games you mentioned replaced the old cast with VA that are popular in recent years. (I recognize most of them, who appears in TV anime quite often.)

Anime Muv-Luv Alternative's revealed cast (except Paul Radhabinod's VA) in my opinion: 5 I considered popular, 1 somewhat popular, 1 brand new VA (protagonist), 3 not popular.
MCAL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:07 am Reply with quote
animefan57892 wrote:
GNPixie wrote:
All ages cast is the same as the original release actually. Nobody was recast but the thing that did change was the OP and EDs; original release had JAM Project with Asu e and then latter, Name, for the all ages port. Got replaced with Granrodeo for the console releases.

The voice casts have largely remained the same throughout.

My mistake. I conflated the two game: muv-luv & muv-luv alternative.
Cast of 18+/all age is different in muv-luv but are the same in alternative.
There the same in Muv Luv too though. Are you perhaps being confused by the fact that VAs use aliases in the 18+ versions?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2