• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Ryza RPG Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
I can't wait until Gust announces a new Atelier series so that maybe discussions about the series will be populated primarily by people who play the games rather than people who are obsessed with Ryza's thighs.

Or you could just be happy that those thighs propelled the franchise to (what will soon be) its first million seller, allowing them to make more games with likely greater budgets. Instead of just being weird that people like something for a different reason than you do.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:37 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Vanadise wrote:
I can't wait until Gust announces a new Atelier series so that maybe discussions about the series will be populated primarily by people who play the games rather than people who are obsessed with Ryza's thighs.

Or you could just be happy that those thighs propelled the franchise to (what will soon be) its first million seller, allowing them to make more games with likely greater budgets. Instead of just being weird that people like something for a different reason than you do.

lol it's a stupid reason still and make it more pathetic still even if it does sells for anime fans' fetiches
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
JoelBurger wrote:
Vanadise wrote:

lol it's a stupid reason still and make it more pathetic still even if it does sells for anime fans' fetiches

Liking something because you find a character attractive is no more "stupid" than liking a game because you like its gameplay or you like the music. Also the only thing stupid here is your demonstration of an inability to spell fetish.
Bubin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:

Why is that a stupid reason, and why is it pathetic?
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 pm Reply with quote
I could never get into Ryza on account of the awful combat system, but good for Gust. I'll definitely give the anime a watch as an Atelier fan even though I don't really have strong feelings on this trilogy in particular.

WANNFH wrote:
Vanadise wrote:
But are there many people anymore who actually played Atelier games before Ryza, considering how much of the Gust Atelier conveyor belt (Dusk and Mysterious series, Nelke, trying to save the sinking franchise with getting back to Arland and Lulua) not got a lot of reception even among their own auditory? Even Sophie 2 was a miss despite being released after two Ryza games.

Still has way more recognition than the Ar series got to this day, with Gust not even bringing the ArnoSurge remake to the west despite getting released basically everywhere.

I think it's kind of a stretch to call Atelier games a sinking ship or Sophie 2 "a failure". Sophie is still very much Gust's baby and was the first of the series with actual widespread appeal after ditching the time restrictions. And Sophie 2 sold fine, about on par as the other Mysterious series if not a bit more.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I just hope once Ryza is done they'll go back to turn based combat for good (like they did with Sophie 2) because while it did grow on me a little, the battle system in the Ryza games isn't anywhere near as good.

It would suck if Atelier went the Final Fantasy route.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Electric Wooloo wrote:
I think it's kind of a stretch to call Atelier games a sinking ship or Sophie 2 "a failure". Sophie is still very much Gust's baby and was the first of the series with actual widespread appeal after ditching the time restrictions.
Except it actually was a sinking ship since Shallie, which got a poor reception despite Gust trying to bank on it (while teasing her in Escha&Logy anime) - and even with first Sophie got the recognition and ditched the time restrictions to approach casuals, Firis and Lydie&Suelle literally sunk the Atelier series nearly to oblivion, making them crawling back with catering to old fanbase with Arland remakes and Nelke.
Quote:
And Sophie 2 sold fine, about on par as the other Mysterious series if not a bit more.
Well, Mysterious series sales is a very low bar to reach from the very beginning, where most of it belongs just to Sophie alone...
Gray.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:45 pm Reply with quote
i kinda want to play these games but the PSN store never puts them on sale Sad
all the games are still $60. Shocked
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:45 pm Reply with quote
If the game is not get dubbed, i hope the anime will get dubbed just like other anime games like Samurai Warrior and Sakura Wars (2020) anime.
Viren21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Im happy to see that it will have an anime but at the same time worried will it have a good story within a cour? Since all i know this would be only a please to the eyes of the actual fans and those that did play the game.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:32 pm Reply with quote
It will probably be mostly original like Escha anime but anyway as an Atelier fan it's an incredible news, i hope it will lead to more atelier games being animated, a Marie anime could help sell the remake .
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 am Reply with quote
Bubin wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:

They probably don't like ecchi, or anything that appeals to the male gaze like a woman's thighs.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 am Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
JoelBurger wrote:
Vanadise wrote:

Liking something because you find a character attractive is no more "stupid" than liking a game because you like its gameplay or you like the music. Also the only thing stupid here is your demonstration of an inability to spell fetish.

lol i didn't say to not like a character from an anime/game i just meant being obsessive and weird about liking it because it is not a normal thing.

also nice try to be so smart about me not writing the word correctly but that's also shows that you aren't any smarter either.

Last edited by Joker#941490 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:13 am Reply with quote
Bubin wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:

it's silly and cheap way to fool anime fans in general and take their money that's why it's pathetic because you want to be taken advantage unless you don't have dignity from the start which is another story.

Last edited by Joker#941490 on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:36 am Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
Bubin wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:

it's silly and cheap way to fool anime fans in general and take their money and that's why it's pathetic because do you want to be taken advantage from something like that unless you don't have dignity from the start which is another story.

Creators have fetishes or fixations and so do customers who may share those same things. Kohei Horikoshi has a fixation with hands, Tatsuki Fujimoto has an obsession with dominant women, Hideo Kojima has a fascination for asses. It's called Author Appeal and there's a page on TV tropes if you're interested. You're just a kink shamer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3