• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world! 3 Anime to Air in 2024

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:52 am Reply with quote
No one seems to be asking the REAL question here...how many volumes will this season likely cover?

The movie ended off on volume 5, and there's a total of 17 volumes of Konosuba. If it's a single cour, I'm hoping for at least volume 6 and 7 to be covered. Double? Maybe up to 9 which would make more sense since it refers back spoiler[to Wolbach and Megumin's past].
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:48 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
No one seems to be asking the REAL question here...how many volumes will this season likely cover?

The movie ended off on volume 5, and there's a total of 17 volumes of Konosuba. If it's a single cour, I'm hoping for at least volume 6 and 7 to be covered. Double? Maybe up to 9 which would make more sense since it refers back spoiler[to Wolbach and Megumin's past].

Considering the pace so far the most plausible would be 6&7 for S3 but yes i wouldn't be surprise it they decide to increase the pace further more, it's been a while since i've read them but if i remember correctly 6-9 were mostly about secondary characters so they might reduce their time and focus on the main cast, konosuba ( canon serie ) is the kind of LN which we can hope for a full adaptation however hype factor is important, S3 won't receive as much tolerence as the first 2 did, theoretical S4 and onward even less even if the same quality persist if they keep with a pace of 2 volumes per season with some plausible films which would cut many scenes to fit 1 volume like Kurenai Densetsu, there won't be much hype remaining by the last season.

Let's hope the long wait was actually implying multiple cours.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
No, it's definetily because Megumin just does not work at all as the main driving force of a story without the rest to bounce off of.

The novels this season is based on were much better than the anime.
The first novel in particular was probably my favorite book I've read by this author. Damn near every scene is just them winding each other up until someone gets punched.
This staff seemed to make a conscious decision to soften the humor's edge and make everyone nicer, and the result was that most of the jokes weren't funny any more. I'd argue Kososuba thrives on leaning into how mean the humor is.

or they're focusing their work more in the original anime series more than the spin-off itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2