• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Murder Princess (OAV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
i didn't say it did
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I was surprised at the date of the last post as well. Didn't know what to do about the catch 22 of necroposting vs. creating an existing topic, so I just went with the former lol

I Figured a show that's been available and accessible on Netflix for as long as it has would have at least added some posts to this topic during the course of its run. I was also surprised to find the topic was still only one page long! After five years! Weird.

But oh well, major bumpage if nothing else.

I would still recommend it though. For all its flaws, It's is mildly amusing and very easy to get through (I did it in two days).
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see other people still enjoying this show! It doesn't demand much brain power, but the action and the awesome fight music make it worth checking out alone.

Sohma_Curse wrote:
I also would have enjoyed knowing exactly how Dominikov and Pete came to team up with Falis and how their relationship developed, but alas.
Agree completely. It also would have made it more spoiler[sad when they had to vanish in the end. As it is, it is sad but there wasn't enough development for me to really get attached to them.]

Sohma_Curse wrote:
As far as Falis and Alita are concerned, they seemed to assume their new roles a bit too easily and, again, I would have liked to have known so much more about their origins[/spoiler].
It didn't surprise me that Alita fell into her new role quickly, considering her personality. She's the kind of girl who goes with the flow, and since Falis being in her body benefits her country, she has no pressing reason to change back. It did surprise me at first how easy-going Falis was with the situation. She was more concerned about suddenly being a princess and could care less about having a different body, which I thought was weird (but makes her character more appealing to me).

I was hesitant to watch this show at first, because I thought it was going to be a lot more bloody than it turned out to be.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
This one was fun. I'd never even heard of it until the DVD came out and I picked it up a couple years ago though.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 am Reply with quote
For anyone else interested in checking it out, it will be pulled from Netflix tomorrow. So if you have their instant streaming service, give it a shot!

A bunch of other shows are being pulled soon too (Sands of Destruction, El Cazador de la Bruja, S.T.R.A.I.N, Air Gear, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, among others). Seems like, recently, more anime is being removed from Netflix than is being added. In fact, I don't think ANY new series have been added in the past six months or so while about half of their anime selection has been removed in that time. I sincerely hope they're not just planning on slowly getting rid of anime altogether Sad
GDFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
A bunch of other shows are being pulled soon too (Sands of Destruction, El Cazador de la Bruja, S.T.R.A.I.N, Air Gear, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, among others)

Mere coincidence that those are all Funimation titles? Too bad, I use Netflix streaming for random Sgt. Frog episodes almost every evening (and it never gets old.) Could you please post a link to your source for this info? Thanks.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
GDFan wrote:
Sohma_Curse wrote:
A bunch of other shows are being pulled soon too (Sands of Destruction, El Cazador de la Bruja, S.T.R.A.I.N, Air Gear, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, among others)

Mere coincidence that those are all Funimation titles? Too bad, I use Netflix streaming for random Sgt. Frog episodes almost every evening (and it never gets old.) Could you please post a link to your source for this info? Thanks.

Uhh, well, my source is Netflix itself (streaming on PS3). When I highlight a particular show that's scheduled to be removed, it'll say 'Available until (date)' at the bottom of the description, and then the show will just disappear from the service on that date. Highlighting Excel Saga today, for example, gives you a message in the bottom right portion of the screen in a rectangular box that says, 'Available until Jan 17,' and, sure enough, come January 17, the show will vanish from the interface. Usually though, it'll only tell you if a show is being pulled within a week or two of the pull date. I have to cycle through my queue every so often to make sure none of the anime titles I have in there are being removed (lest I have to marathon through a series in a few short days in order to watch it before it's gone).

Netflix is and always has been incredibly secretive about what's being uploaded and what's being removed, so there's no actual source that has a complete (or even partial) list of what's coming/going and when it's happening. The closest I've found to a website that has such information is streamingsoon.com - but even that website isn't 100% accurate all the time; not to mention most of its pages come up blank. The only page on that site that actually shows any info is the main page that has future upload dates within a month or so of the current date (and even that list tends to miss many major shows/films that are added in that time period).
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
Also, since you mentioned it, I just noticed that Sgt. Frog's first two seasons were pulled, leaving only season three's 27 episodes available for streaming (similar to what occurred with FMA: Brotherhood - which I know happened due to a licensing dispute or something along those lines). Let's hope this removing of certain seasons from anime doesn't become commonplace, as it would render most serialized shows with multiple seasons pointless to watch.
GDFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote
OK, sorry for that seemingly stupid(and somewhat off-topic) question. But I've never actually noticed that with Netflix. I was going make up an excuse, like that their Roku app doesn't have this feature, but, sure enough, it does.

Anyway, Funimation added a ton of titles to Netflix in a relatively very short time. It would appear that many of their shows have, or are about to expire.

Sohma_Curse wrote:
Also, since you mentioned it, I just noticed that Sgt. Frog's first two seasons were pulled
Anime cry

Back on topic: Anyone who's interested, Murder Princess is still available on their dvd rental service. You can watch the whole thing in one go, it's all on one disk.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote
Yeah unlike streaming that doesn't seem to expire unless someone finally physically breaks the last disc, usually the USPS. There's still old stuff on there that's been long out of print had it's license expire.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2