• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
i doubt the new setting would take place. I agree with what hitokiriShadow.
Since this is an explanation series. they would be more focus on the village mysteries and the characters itself.
It doesnt make senseif they change the whole setting. Even if it does happen, it will probably a minor one at the end of the series which wont affect much.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I have viewed episode 2 and it was pretty funny.

spoiler[Satoko is still pulling off her traps on Keiichi. Also Shion transfered to their little school so she can fullfill her promise to Satoshi. ] They made a simple game of tag look so fun. Also Rena used the spoiler[Anti-pebescent male hardening magic technique on Keiichi to get him...um ya...] As usual punishments are given to the losers. Just loved Keiichi's costume. Very Happy

Aside from the funny parts there were appearances by Irie Kyousuke, Takano Miyo, and the guy who always seems to die first...Tomitake Jirou. It seems their purpose in the story is the same as in the first season. Rika Furude is still doing that Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde complex and seems to be talking with you know who.Wink In this episode there were some moments where the characters started to glow for a few seconds. Could it be him? I can't wait for the next episode. Maybe spoiler[Tomitake Jirou will die...again.]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quote
While Episode 2 may seem light-hearted at first, it did gave a great "review" on how each of the characters tick in terms of tactics. I thought it was apparent when spoiler[both Mion and Shion used there "twin-power" to confuse their adversaries. And yes, it was amusing how Rena used her "defeated moe look" to stall Keiichi in order to win! Laughing ]

One thing I noticed is that spoiler[is Satoko infected with a disease or something? Rika mentioned that she needs to have her daily vaccinations.]
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, episode 2 certainly was amusing. "Zombie tag is so profound" Laughing

I was a bit surprised at how much time they spent on the amusing aspects and how little serious stuff happened. I wonder if they are going to spend more time on each arc for this season. If I recall correctly there are supposedly 3 more game arcs that are going to be covered, assuming they ignore the PS2 only scenarios. In that case, they would certainly have more time to work with each story than they did in the first series.

darkchibi07 wrote:

One thing I noticed is that spoiler[is Satoko infected with a disease or something? Rika mentioned that she needs to have her daily vaccinations.]

Well, the stated reason is something about nutritional supplements or vitamins (I don't remember exactly what it was) but I think its safe to say that's not the real reason.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you don't get shots for that, you pop pills even in the early 80s. It's probabally a spoiler[vacination against what's making folks there crazy. In which case it would support the virus theory and shed light on what Mion and Rika were trying to do to crazy Keichi in the first chapter of the the previous series. Or if Rika is evil in this scenario, a catalyst so she does go bonkers.]
Amasa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
It's probabally a spoiler[vacination against what's making folks there crazy. In which case it would support the virus theory and shed light on what Mion and Rika were trying to do to crazy Keichi in the first chapter of the the previous series. Or if Rika is evil in this scenario, a catalyst so she does go bonkers.]
It was clearly stated that the injection was for "research" purposes and Satoko's blood type happened to suit the test. Maybe it changed with the fansub group?
LuckySleven wrote:
In this episode there were some moments where the characters started to glow for a few seconds
I also saw that strange purple glow around the characters for a split second every now and then but I thought it was just a glich.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
I was a bit surprised at how much time they spent on the amusing aspects and how little serious stuff happened. I wonder if they are going to spend more time on each arc for this season.

After all the violence in season one the viewers are already expecting much the same by season 2. I think this episode was sauced in comedy and moe to enhance that "shock" factor when the night of celebration finally comes (can't remember what it's called) much like when we first saw Keichi get murdered in season 1.
I didn't really appreciate all the moe and I found some of the scenes to be well...I suppose I feel dirty thinking that there's probably some people out the who like to see Satoko injecting herself while sitting crouched like that in her panties. I just have to forget about all that and focus on the show and what I enjoy about it.

And is it just me or does Takano-san sound like more of a crack-whore since season 1?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It was clearly stated that the injection was for "research" purposes and Satoko's blood type happened to suit the test. Maybe it changed with the fansub group?

The group I have says "reasearch of the nutrition medine".
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I always loved the the transition of the arcs from fun to serious. Anyways as for episode 3, it's that time of year again. No not Christmas but the annual Watanagashi Festival~! Horay~!

The things that caught my eye this episode were...

spoiler[-Rika is still talking with her other self at night but now Satoko suspects something is up after hearing that Rika will die.

-The villagers of Hinamizawa still treat Satoko as if she's a total stranger due to her family's past.

-At the baseball game Keiichi had brought a golf club instead of a bat Laughing because he was only told it was a battle and not a baseball game.

-Satoko's mischievous plan to win the game by exposing the picther's reason for eating dessert which was because he's a pervert.

-Rika seems like she wants a happy ending but acts pessimistic and only can live out her destiny.]
Jarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I have seen episode 3 and it seems a great secret has been unveiled.spoiler[ In this episode u notice that rika is talking to someone else and this someone else is probably invisible as least currently.] So i tried rewatching the episode again spoiler[and i spolt an outline behind keiichi when he is spotting satoko's trap. u can see a "clear" outline of the inivisble character face and eye at the greenary.] This probably has a big link to the mysteries of the hinamizawa murders. I wonder did it appear anywhere else in the episode but i couldnt spot any except for the spoiler[" disppearing shadow"]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Someone pointed out this doodad!

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7568/1185003774708ux2.jpg

That is VERY sneaky to place spoiler[Hanyuu like that!] Makes you wonder if there's going more like that in future episodes. Shocked
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Jarius wrote:
I have seen episode 3 and it seems a great secret has been unveiled.spoiler[ In this episode u notice that rika is talking to someone else and this someone else is probably invisible as least currently.]

Kind of. spoiler[The "someone else" is actually Rika herself, her "alter ego" to be more precise, someone who realizes what's going on but believes it's futile to fight it. Glimpses of Rika's "other self" were revealed in the fourth arc of the first series, but what is new is that Rika's "other self" is more clearly shown not to be someone evil or malicious as implied in the first series, but rather just an extreme pessimist and realist who is just tired of what's going on and has grown rather cynical. Why Rika's "other self" exists and related questions still remain unanswered, though.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 3 was pretty good however, I think it's about time to commense the carnage. Smile
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Episode 3 was pretty good however, I think it's about time to commence the carnage. Smile

Given the titles of the next two episodes, I would have to agree with you. Razz

spoiler[Sneaking in Hanyu like that] was really crafty, I gotta say.

I'll be watching Episode 4 within the week. I can't wait.

And one more thing:

spoiler[KEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!] Razz
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Just watched Episode 4, and man, was it creepy.

spoiler[Satoko and Rika's being stalked, but Rika doesn't notice, and no one believes anything Satoko says. Satoko calls for help, but the detective man is killed before he can call for aid. All the stalker guys have just stepped through Satoko's rope trap thingy, and now they're out to get her. All this and Rika's "everyone will die" prediction almost guarentees the arc ending with Satoko's death, but given that Satoko's dilemma is easily sympathised with this time around, it'll be pretty sad to see Satoko die.]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, episode 4 was awesome, and spoiler[it's nice to see Rika and Satoko take the spotlight in this arc, for a change of pace.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8