• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: America's Cartoon Network to Run Blue Dragon This Spring

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Oh, Rockman.exe was alright, the dub and the other ilitterations, notsomuch.
XEBEC should stick to what's best and get a going on Nadesico 2.

Secondly, I'm gonna be blunt, the second 'ruto slot is needed, I don't think kids are as stupid as most make them out to be and once they get to the Ino princess episode, they will turn on CN like a pack of wolves.

Pack of WOLVES I say!!
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
ilitterations

That's not a word. -_-;;;;;;
coolmiles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
They should Bring Back the old 4:00 Toonami schdeule!!! they chould fit everything in, Plus More
7:00 Bakugan(though i hate the show)
7:30 Blue Dragon
8:00 Eyesheild 21
8:30 Zatch Bell
9:00 Naruto
9:30 Naruto
10:00 One Piece
10:30 Dragonball Z
coolmiles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
i meant to write 4 hour
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote
coolmiles wrote:
They should Bring Back the old 4:00 Toonami schdeule!!! they chould fit everything in, Plus More

I couldn't endure that schedule. It's all generic shonen, and while I don't mind that in reasonable doses, I couldn't stomach 4 hours of it straight.
coolmiles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
coolmiles wrote:

I couldn't endure that schedule. It's all generic shonen, and while I don't mind that in reasonable doses, I couldn't stomach 4 hours of it straight.

i said that mainly becuz i am getting tired of Goose Bumps, and i miss Zatch Bell
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
coolmiles wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:
coolmiles wrote:

i said that mainly becuz i am getting tired of Goose Bumps, and i miss Zatch Bell

I totally agree,Toonami needs to be 4 hours again,Zatch Bell was a pretty cool show,although I did'nt care for it that much,but yeah,it should be back on there,better yet,it would be nice if they brought back Yu Yu Hakusho,Rurouni Kenshin or any of the previouse gundam series on there,Toonami has'nt shown a gundam series in a really long time since Gundam seed (and no, SD Gundam force does'nt count!!)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X wrote:

I totally agree,Toonami needs to be 4 hours again,Zatch Bell was a pretty cool show,although I did'nt care for it that much,but yeah,it should be back on there,better yet,it would be nice if they brought back Yu Yu Hakusho,Rurouni Kenshin or any of the previouse gundam series on there,Toonami has'nt shown a gundam series in a really long time since Gundam seed (and no, SD Gundam force does'nt count!!)

CN doesn't show any more Gundam because ever since Gundam Wing, Gundam has been in a steady ratings decline in America (with some help from Bandai Ent's botches).

Yu Yu Hakusho started out good, but by the end, CN had to put it on around 5am just to finish it. Rurouni Kenshin's Kyoto arc was great, but its verbose political gabfest bored over kids' heads on weekday afternoons Toonami.

Unfortunately, Toonami isn't as it once was during the DBZ and Pokemon heyday. Back then, DBZ and Pokemon's overwhelming boys rating compensated for its lack of girls rating (of which Gundam Wing was only one of the few to garner a sizeable amount). When the boys ratings declined, that exposed Toonami's Achilles' heel, which they tried to fix unsuccessfully. Toonami ended up being moved around, added more CN shows prop it up, and here it is now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2