• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Interviews with Monster Girls

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I was tearing up a bit myself when the video was playing. 5/5 ep
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
His reaction to it is what choked me up. Smile

What I most appreciated about this episode was the students realizing that ignoring how people are obviously different from you as if it weren't a part of them is just as bad as focusing on those differences as if they were the only part of them.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
This week's episode was definitely the most feelsy of this show yet and I am now saddened knowing that there's only one episode left.
BlueCatPK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With at least one more episode left to go, Interviews with Monster Girls may find it difficult to come up with a finale that tops this week's story. As problems go, that's a pretty good one to have.

It's pretty obvious that this episode was meant to be the finale, with the next one being just a fanservice filler (beach episode.)

I find it wierd, but for some reason it's not that uncommon in anime.
(It's an extended cooling down period after a climax, I suppose.)
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
BlueCatPK wrote:

It's pretty obvious that this episode was meant to be the finale, with the next one being just a fanservice filler (beach episode.)

my theory is that studios/directors fear not making a deadline so they set up the series like taht, so inc ase they misone week, they can still have a proper finale.
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
One of the most enjoyable shows this season, even if it had a bit of an iffy start and some sequences in episode, all of them are completely washed away with these two last episodes. I find this one particularly interesting as a to-be teacher, so I might see a little more to it than most believe there is.

maximilianjenus wrote:
BlueCatPK wrote:

my theory is that studios/directors fear not making a deadline so they set up the series like taht, so inc ase they misone week, they can still have a proper finale.

I do not have any specific information about this show itself but you may not be entirely wrong.

Again, no proof, but this episode could very well have been a "Bundled with manga OVA". What I mean is, all of what this episode presents could not have been placed in the previous one since they have completely different set-ups and pay-offs that work within themselves; so in a way none are more of a finale than the other.

It's not entirely impossible though that, considering that deadlines are ever crushing, they prioritized finishing a finale-worthy episode that was more likely to be finished before what was actually the finale. Since Demi-chan has ended in the last week of the season, no other episode would have been possible, therefore having the "final episode" before might have been an idea.

This sort of happened in KONOSUBA, although KONOSUBA did suffer a lack of cohestion due to having the introduction of a character put into a tie-in OVA. If the same happened with Demi-chan it would've gone smoothly.
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Quick question since "Season Finale" was used instead of "Series Finale" does this mean we've got a good chance for a second season? Might be a dumb question but I've been curious about that for awhile. Anyway this has been one of my favorite series so far.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
micah007 wrote:
Quick question since "Season Finale" was used instead of "Series Finale" does this mean we've got a good chance for a second season? Might be a dumb question but I've been curious about that for awhile. Anyway this has been one of my favorite series so far.

Only time will tell. Smile
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the last episode a lot more than the second-to-last one - because I actually didn't like the latter.

There were several missteps in this series, unfortunately. It has some really good material mixed in, and had potential to be one of my favorites.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
after what we saw of takahashi, he is a character I can accept as a harem lead,s icne he is obviously atractive to get one.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:59 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I enjoyed the last episode a lot more than the second-to-last one - because I actually didn't like the latter.

Why not?

Quote:
There were several missteps in this series, unfortunately.

Like what?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
I didn't like Sakie or Tetsuo's character in general, really. That by itself made me dislike whenever they got focus. The episode with Kurtz also felt really unnecessary.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I didn't like Sakie or Tetsuo's character in general, really. That by itself made me dislike whenever they got focus. The episode with Kurtz also felt really unnecessary.

I can agree to Kurtz' episode being totally unnecessary (do they ever even bring it up again?), but I adored Sakie and Tetsuo, along with practically every other main cast member in the show. Tetsuo was just a really sweet guy that I can't imagine why anyone would dislike him, and I felt sympathy towards Sakie and her subtly tragic romance, as well as her balancing act between trying to be a respectable moral figure as well as a bit of a goof who's just trying her best to keep up mature "adulting" appearances, something I can relate to.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
That whole skit in the woods was hilarious to me solely because of how all their demi traits played into it. The after credits scene was funny too.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Re:
Quote:
The one exception is the brief introduction of a new demi-human character: an invisible girl who seems like she'll be transferring into the school at some point. She doesn't get much screen time beyond her “interview” with Tetsuo, but I imagine she's likely to appear in any sequel seasons that the series may eventually get.

I think the invisible girl appearing again (no pun intended) is iffy, since the character came from a winning contest entry and the mangaka was noncommittal about the character returning.

The interview with an invisible girl is taken from a bonus chapter in volume 4 of the manga.

In the manga, right before the bonus chapter, it says:
The following bonus chapter, "Out of Sight—Doesn't Mind," is based on the winning entry from the "We Want More Demis!" contest run by Niconico Seiga.

Right after the bonus chapter it says:
Will invisible people appear in the main story?
Sorry, I can't see that far ahead...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12