• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha's Final Chapters Get TV Anime Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animehermit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
/offtopic
by your estimation the only episodes in Cowboy Bebop that arn't filler are Ballad of Fallen Angles, Jupiter Jazz parts 1 and 2 and Real Folk Blues parts 1 and 2. Cowboy bebop is episodic in nature, therefore it can not have any filler, that and there is no manga of it.

look up the definition of filler.

/backon topic

Last edited by Animehermit on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:

/offtopic
by your estimation the only episodes in Cowboy Bebop that arn't filler are Ballad of Fallen Angles, Jupiter Jazz parts 1 and 2 and Real Folk Blues parts 1 and 2. Cowboy bebop is episodic in nature, therefore it can not have any filler, that and there is no manga of it.

look up the definition of filler.

/backon topic

I believe you quoted the wrong message on that post since it had nothing to do with filler or Cowboy Bebop but whatever back on topic.

If I had to guess (which is all I can do since I have no real info) I would say they would try to release some episodes and see how it does and then decide if they will do a ton of episodes or finish it with less. At least that is what makes the most business sense.
kow626

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
knew this would happen. bout time. been waiting a long time for this announcement. finally!
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote
iBankai wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:
BoA is too busy flopping in America
Are you always this negative? It seems all your posts have been such. But anyways although she is not doing well in America why can't she do some Osts? She did them before...
Quote:
none of Namie's songs or the direction she is going in would fit Inuyasha (Remember Come was a cover and not her usual style at all)
A cover is when an artist "covers" another artists song right? So I don't see how she "covered" come, and her last album was in 07. So how do you know exactly which "direction" she's going in? I'm sure she could do some songs...
Quote:
and DAI probably won't be doing too much for a while (they just put an album out)
Yes they just released an album so they're exhausted and want to rest awhile? :S That doesn't make sense, they just released an album, so their publicity would be at a high, so why not release an Ost? Please try to be a bit more positive....

I'm not being negative I just know this isn't the "next big thing"
If BoA knows what's good for her she'll be in America doing promotion and not in Japan(and she isn't an "in demand" artist in Japan right now so I'm not sure they would ask her to do a song) Plus she has a lot to do right now. Promoting Girlfriend with Crystal Kay, Promoting the re release of BoA and supposedly doing a new single (which is tie-in free)

Namie's version of Come was a cover. Sophie Monk did the original (and inferior) version. Come was on the Style album years ago(when Inuyasha was running in Japan). Namie just got off tour and will probably be promoting the DVD release of that tour for a little bit and taking some time off. We probably won't hear from her until October or November and odds are it will be with a full album announcement.

I actually misspoke in DAI's case. Their next album is in September which means that if there was a tie-in everyone would know and It's usually a while between their releases.

Anyway you should be expecting newer or less popular artists to do something like this. Artists that Avex want to get more promotion. Last time Namie was in the middle of her comeback, BoA was the new kid on the block and DAI was trying to climb the charts.
Stmurda23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
aye dios mio!!!
OH MY GOOOOOD!!!!!!
yes best thing eveeeeerrrrr!!!
i am so excited for this! yes, and just wen i decided to watch the series over!

Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Holy chihuahua, I didn't see this one coming. Its been far too many years since I've heard Richard Ian Cox's voice, so I really hope Viz Media picks this up.

Although I haven't seen the final chapter, I am sure this will be exceptional. This is truly awesome news I never thought I'd ever hear.

First Rinne and now more Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi continues to make exceptional, top notch anime.
Naraku1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone been able to confirm or deny if the show will indeed only be 26 episodes? Also, has any one heard any information as to when in the fall the show will start?
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote
uh 26 episodes would be like a volume an episode, their is no way that this series anything less than about 50 episodes.
atc12321

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote
wait do they have the video's playing? i've been waiting so many years, and now since it's 2012 i would suspect they have made it. does anyone know???
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
atc12321 wrote:
wait do they have the video's playing? i've been waiting so many years, and now since it's 2012 i would suspect they have made it. does anyone know???

Yes, it was made, a long time ago (aired late 2009-early 2010). It was simulcast on Hulu as it aired in Japan and you can still watch it there if you're in the US.
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Curses, I thought this was about Inuyasha: The Final Act [English Dub] coming onto TV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15