• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is This a Zombie? 2 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching this and enjoying it even if it's not one of my highlights. After a week for school, it's a good series to relax and enjoy the fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm still enjoying the show despite the same jokes being repeated with some alterations. Considering that this has 10 episodes according to mandragon and another site, I assume the 'final boss' fight will come soon. I think the fanservice has increased from last time and Eu has gotten more lovelier - look at those braided twin-tails! The end segments of each episode is pretty awesome too. Saraswati (Sarasvati?) is also a nice addition to the harem. Her way of speaking touches my heart and possibly my ass.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah a full episode of Eu talking!! Yeah this season is taking longer than the first season to get into the main issue, but I am still enjoying it. Anyone have any idea who the chained women held by the Dai sensei is? I thought it was Kyoko at first, the seriel killer from last season, but the chained women looks like an adult and not a teenager.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies! I'll have to stick it out. Will probably wait until all the episodes are completely available so we can just marathon it and take it like a pill. Slow starters tend to go over better when Malibu Barbies are involved. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 am Reply with quote
There has to be some sort of season two curse recently, where something can have an awesome first season, but their second just keep rehashing and not going anywhere. I have seen the same thing happen with Ika Masume, Baka to Test, Index, Amagami, and Maria Holic. You get the feeling that they are trying to just do what they think will sell, instead of the real reason it was good.

But I still think the recent episode was actually good.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
There has to be some sort of season two curse recently, where something can have an awesome first season, but their second just keep rehashing and not going anywhere. I have seen the same thing happen with Ika Masume, Baka to Test, Index, Amagami, and Maria Holic. You get the feeling that they are trying to just do what they think will sell, instead of the real reason it was good.

I, too, have noticed this trend. A whole lot of shows (not just anime) do this and it's really troubling. It's like they forget what people actually want. Don't they realize they're screwing themselves in the long run?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
You'll notice that all of those examples are fairly episodic. Even Index is broken up into nearly contained arcs. Writers will lead with their best stuff, and then not stop. The problem is that most of these shows have a particular gimmick which is the source of their uniqueness. But no matter how interesting that gimmick is, it's still the same gimmick, so there's no way to keep it fresh in the long-term.

Zombie disappointed me because it doesn't actually have that gimmick. There's a rough attitude the show is going for, but plotwise, it's pretty much anything goes. It doesn't have to retread the same ground, but it does.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Zombie disappointed me because it doesn't actually have that gimmick. There's a rough attitude the show is going for, but plotwise, it's pretty much anything goes. It doesn't have to retread the same ground, but it does.

True, I would probably say that they mistook their ability to do random stuff in that they could have the girls (and Ayumu) have random situations with dates and singing. No we want random flying whales, tenticle rape jellyfish, monster killing ramen, a tea drinking Doberman man, characters with real new quirks.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I loved this episode, it was probably the best episode out for season 2. So the girl was Kyoko after all. Her yandere moments were hilarious, especially when she was laughing while she was on the swings. And to Ayumu, nice see through shirt my dude. Too bad his best friend always ends up with the guys, while Ayumu gets all the girls!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
To borrow a dity from a different show this season, "Kyoko - she is loco, I say oh no."

Yep, she's crazy - crazy big tits, that is!!! God, I love the aesthetics of this show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Episode 8Her yandere moments were hilarious, especially when she was laughing while she was on the swings.!

The swings bit was my favourite part too, such crazy unleashed on the world.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 9
Or as I will see it as "My Sarasvati can not possibly be this cute", she was practically a different character in this episode. In fact she probably could beat the entire harem with the way she was in this one, even if somewhat cliche, and made me almost panic at how odd she was acting. She was spoiler[pretty much normal, showed a healthy interest in Ayumu beyond his butt, and little signs of domination, well good on in for telling her she does not have to change, otherwise it will be just too weird.]

Apart from that, we also had some lovely side stuff about the Underworld, seeing a bit about how Eu was like before spoiler[they were apparently attacked by the Masou Shoujo]. To think the Underworld looked so peaceful, spoiler[but the cute girls have some part in tearing that apart, and Eu being the way she is now.] Well anything to put Eu at being more than the emotionless board that she has to appear to be, is good stuff.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Guess it is 3 posts in a row. Well this season was indeed only 10 episodes long, based on the crying imagined Eus crying "It's the last episode". *sigh* Makes it kind of sad as the ending was not really satisfying, they threw plot in late this season, and wants another to reslove it. Why is it that I have love for this?

Episode 10's focus was on Ayumu spoiler[doing a trial, failing because Haruna is a nitwit, then forgeting his memories of the main cast, and the others trying to reclaim it.] It just felt so rushed, that left little room to go at it's prefered pace, tipping having too much story, over much humour, just leaves me feeling a bit depressed.

Despite that, the last episode had some nice things, a bit about trying to understand who Ayumu is, what he thinks, what Eu thinks too. And the bit where we saw spoiler[Eu's first notes], were a nice way to bring that scene back, but I can't help but feel that they could have spread some of this over two episode, and perhaps use some padding, such as a flashback of previous moments. A missed to chance to really explore Ayumu.

I want another season just to get an end, that just makes me feel sad for the show, as it may never happen, perhaps I will feel better later.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow I had no idea this season was only 10 episodes... I thought it was 12. Anyway it wasn't the best way to end the season. Nothing really was solved and more questions were introduced such as who is the girl with the lion cat doll thing? I think it would have been better to end it with Ayumu not turning back. I actually liked his new personality lol.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Anyone remember this shot from the first opener?

Light novel adaptations have become some of the most frustrating anime in terms of "oh, crap, we're out of time" issues. I know some people like the shorter series, and I suppose the anime creators hope to hook light novel readers, but especially when light novels are almost entirely inaccessible for us (relative) foreigners, it's a kind of a pain.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4