• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gurren Lagann the Movie: Crimson Lotus Chapter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Generic Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

On the other hand, it is also less awesome, so if you ARE re-watching it, chances are you want the full experience.

Honestly, unless you really care about the 3 filler episodes I keep mentioning you are getting the full experience in a much shorter time frame, plus something brand new which is much more awesome than the equivalent part of the show - Really, other than those it feels like next to nothing has been cut.

If you mean you don't get the second half of the story, there IS a follow up movie on the way.

Anyway, I've said what's needed saying and it's obviously not being taken seriously, so I'm not going to bother any more. If all you Gurren Lagann fans want to deny yourself the brand new and incredibly awesome scenes in this movie that the review neglects to even mention, be my guest.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Generic Member wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

On the other hand, it is also less awesome, so if you ARE re-watching it, chances are you want the full experience.

Honestly, unless you really care about the 3 filler episodes I keep mentioning you are getting the full experience in a much shorter time frame, plus something brand new which is much more awesome than the equivalent part of the show - Really, other than those it feels like next to nothing has been cut.

If you mean you don't get the second half of the story, there IS a follow up movie on the way.

Anyway, I've said what's needed saying and it's obviously not being taken seriously, so I'm not going to bother any more. If all you Gurren Lagann fans want to deny yourself the brand new and incredibly awesome scenes in this movie that the review neglects to even mention, be my guest.

We're not talking about filler episodes. Even you said it's only the full experience plus a little bit of new footage. If you've seen the show before, you're paying full theater admission/DVD price for just a few minutes of new footage. That's important for the people who bought all the DVDs and don't want the money they spent on the series to go to waste for a rehash movie with only a few minutes of new footage(that is the main reason it's a rehash, since it's mostly recycled animation from the series with a few minor exceptions).

And yes, we are taking you seriously, that's why we continue to engage in conversation with you. No one's laughing at you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Generic Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, I suppose the question then comes to how much you value the new footage.

You say a little bit, but there's at least a few minutes of completely new animation at the start, and at least twenty minutes of a completely new sequence unlike anything seen in the show at the end. I suppose that makes roughly a quarter of the movie completely new, which while hardly a majority is significant, in my opinion.

I can't say from personal experience on this one, but I also understand that the second movie is actually almost completely different to the equivalent part of the show, if any footage from that is re-used stuff, it will likely be very little in comparison to what's new.

Make what you will of that, yes a lot of the first movie is re-used footage but I think a significant enough portion of it is completely new to warrant at least being mentioned by the review.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3