• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming - Nobody's Boy Remi 1-5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpkworldwide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
Of course, with this series being taken down Saturday NOW things start acting up! Shocked

I have been marathoning the episodes that I don't happen to own on the ImaginAsian DVDs (curse me for not finding & buying #5, 6 & 8!!!) and have so far had trouble with 28 & 32 for 2 days now. All I get is a black screen with errors--gobbledygook that says something about "XML Parsing Error" and "An error has been encountered while trying to retrieve the video data".

I'm normally using a MacBook Pro with all the latest Safari, Adobe Flash and Java updates. I've tried at various times of day and now on three separate networks (home, work, friend's house). I also tried it on my work PC, but it may have other issues. I've also flushed caches, reset browsers, etc. to no avail. All the rest in 25-34 have worked fine for me.

Can somebody PLEASE take a look at these before time runs out !?!? And perhaps the rest? (Selfishly, I especially need to see 34-38 and 46-51.)

Oh--and is there anybody willing to sell me DVDs 5, 6 and/or 8 of the 2007 ImaginAsian Release? Or maybe even the entire DVD set? Just let me know. THANKS a BUNCH!

---dpk Smile
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
I've fixed Remi 9, 28 and 32. Arrgh, they worked before...
dpkworldwide

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:37 am Reply with quote
I sure hope that people are monitoring this board today! Shocked

I'm on the final leg of watching this true classic, but I'm still having trouble with a couple of episodes. Thanks, Justin, for working on keeping the streams going—from yesterday, I was able to view #28 last night, but...

I still get nothing on 32, 34, 46 and 49. I tried 32/34 last night and this AM, the other two just today. If I open the player, I can sometimes get the ads to play (when I click on the dots in the scrubber bar—on 34 and 46), but the show itself won't play.

I skipped them for now and "Kept moving forward", but I'd like to be able to see these eps too before they disappear.

Can someone PLEASE check into them? I'm so sorry I waited so long to finish this emotional epic. Embarassed

THANKS SO MUCH for helping me hour in my hour of need. I will be eagerly keeping my eyes glued to my mailbox for a reply... Surprised
sepherest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
I'm really bummed that the series is going to be leaving today, when it first appeared on here I assumed it was going to stay since the US DVD release is pretty much impossible to get anymore. There really isn't any other way to watch it (legally) subtitled.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
I'm really bummed that the series is going to be leaving today, when it first appeared on here I assumed it was going to stay since the US DVD release is pretty much impossible to get anymore. There really isn't any other way to watch it (legally) subtitled.
Agh, I know! I want to see the rest of this so bad, but I don't have time to finish it before it's taken down. What with technical errors, my best friend having surgery and locking my keys in my car the world conspired against me.
Does anyone know how I can watch the rest of this? Buy, stream, heck, I'll even steal a copy if someone tells me where one is. I've been searching around to buy this, but after an hour the only option I've found is a spanish dubbed no subs bootleg. At this point Im even considering that because there doesn't look like there's any other options.....

It's not possible for ANN to keep it up for an extra day or two, is it? Im willing to beg here. Embarassed

Edit: I am having trouble with ep 19. I get a black screen when I try to play it. I've tried refreshing and clearing cookies and using a different browser with no luck. Strangely ep 20 plays just fine.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks the pic for the series on ANN's front page looks like some sort of Soviet-era propaganda pic (for kids)? Seriously, it's sort of creepy, IMO. Razz
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
So I figure'd I'd at least check out the first episode before this expires but IE keeps crashing Sad

EDIT: spoiler[managed to see the first episode then skipped to the last. I loved the ending. Very Happy

I get that I'm cheating by missing all the sad stuff that apparently happens in between. But with it expiring I'll probably never get to see the rest it anyway.]

Last edited by Jedi Master on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the technical problems guys. The non-stop problems we were having with our video content network is a significant reason why we are discontinuing so many series -- we just don't have the ability to keep solving all the myriad issues that keep cropping up. After Tuesday we'll be 100% Hulu. The timing is unfortunate, but the series HAS been up for over a year...

It's now 15 minutes before they expire, so there's not much more I can do for you at this point. I will heavily suggest to TMS that they may wish to put the series on Hulu so that you can finish it in the future.
Tris8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
Sorry for the technical problems guys. The non-stop problems we were having with our video content network is a significant reason why we are discontinuing so many series -- we just don't have the ability to keep solving all the myriad issues that keep cropping up. After Tuesday we'll be 100% Hulu. The timing is unfortunate, but the series HAS been up for over a year...

It's now 15 minutes before they expire, so there's not much more I can do for you at this point. I will heavily suggest to TMS that they may wish to put the series on Hulu so that you can finish it in the future.
Thanks for all your hard work; I have enough technical difficulties when Im only trying to use PowerPoint so managing so much streaming must be a nightmare Anime hyper
Also yes please to getting it on Hulu! I hold no hope for getting a physical copy so I need to be able to show it to a friend to cry my eyes out with =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3