• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Upcoming Adult Swim Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote
All Hail AS! Very Happy

Quote:
X TV would make a wonderful addition to the Adult Swim lineup. Maybe one day.

I would like to see it, so I think so too. Although, I am very pleased with what they are offering us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
By the end of this year, I bet CN will leave those words in. If Comedy Central can show uncut stuff at 1 AM Saturday, then so can Adult Swim.

It's a tougher process for Adult Swim. Comedy Central is all comedy for adults, all the time, and none of the shows are made with children in mind. Adult Swim, while having programs geared towards adults, shares channel space with kids shows. So its imprinted in some peoples' minds that Cartoon Network is always kids' shows round the clock. Which is probably why they can't show MA rated shows, or advertise for adult-exclusive products like M rated games, alcohol and R rated movies. It's probably also why Adult Swim is becoming it's own "network" like Nick at Nite and trying to shed itself of anything Cartoon Network.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
Along with their new and returning original programming, man, this is a lot of new stuff in one year. Things are really looking up for animation on the tee vee.

I have mixed feelings on Scryed. I thought the art was the high point of the manga (except for when he got really crazy with Kazuma's arm thing) and had a cool Jojo's Bizarre Adventure feel, which was lost on the anime. While I enjoyed the anime, it was because of the entertaining and quirky supporting cast, rather than Kazuma or Ryuhou. And I thought the ending was kinda "meh". Still, it deserves a spot on the television.
cocoa-baraka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
How cool is this!?! Poor me doesn't get to be exposed to too much anime, but now I get to see new shows and the movies of some of my favorite ones!! woo hoo!! Anime exclamation Anime smile
love ya AS!
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I'm not sure if it's just my opinion, but Cartoon Network is pwning the competition. PWNING!

What competition? =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
tetratrax

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote
hmm. this does mean they're finally removing super milk chan, yes? my respect for AS dropped a whole ten notches when they started playing that...show.
emory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:21 am Reply with quote
tetratrax wrote:
hmm. this does mean they're finally removing super milk chan, yes? my respect for AS dropped a whole ten notches when they started playing that...show.
No. It's still on for now.
HayabusaUF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
Seeing as this week it's Episode 20 of FMA, the pivotal Episode 25 is scheduled to air on April 30. This would leave 1 week before Samurai Champloo takes over FMA's timeslot. I've never seen the fansubs of FMA, but I know from other discussions that #25 is extremely pivotal. It is also the last episode where Ready Steady Go is the correct OP... it changes to "Undo" beginning with #26.
I am hoping that they don't stop at ep 25. On the other hand, stopping at ep 25 will leave people begging for ep 26. Very Happy When I saw the fansub of ep 25, waiting a week for ep 26 felt like a year. <_<
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:15 am Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:

Seeing as this week it's Episode 20 of FMA, the pivotal Episode 25 is scheduled to air on April 30. This would leave 1 week before Samurai Champloo takes over FMA's timeslot. I've never seen the fansubs of FMA, but I know from other discussions that #25 is extremely pivotal. It is also the last episode where Ready Steady Go is the correct OP... it changes to "Undo" beginning with #26.

Would Cartoon Network possibly be rebroadcasting episodes 1-25 after April 30 in a later timeslot? I kinda like that idea, to give the series more of a sense of a "1st Season" and "2nd Season."

Funimation has already answered this in the CN-edited closing credits: "Ready Steady Go" is the only opening that is listed, while "Kesenai Tsumi", "Tobira no Mukou e", and "Motherland" are listed for the ending songs.

There's no reason to believe CN will stop at Ep 25 other than it being a logical place to halt for the summer. If I didn't already know Funimation was going to sell the series in *3* boxes instead of two I might say Ep 25 was the break point between boxes...
darkinusgurl

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Hey! I'm with ya! I can't wait for the new episodes of InuYasha! I know what happens at the end but I don't want it to end!! Crying or Very sad LOL, I saw the first Inu movie at my friend's house and it was hillarious!! I was laughing my butt off!! I can't wait 'til it comes on this Saturday!! LOL LOL! Very Happy Anywayz,I think its good that Adult Swim is putting on more anime(I starting to get sick and tired of Futurama). CAN'T WAIT!!!Ja ne! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3