• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Time of Eve Film Creators Launch Kickstarter for International Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Shame I didn't find out about this beforehand, would've totally gone for the $250 reward.

Might hold off on pledging to see what kind of stretch goals they add, and if they add new tiers/rewards to compensate. Easily worth $AllMyMoney though.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hunter Sopko wrote:
Might hold off on pledging to see what kind of stretch goals they add, and if they add new tiers/rewards to compensate. Easily worth $AllMyMoney though.

You can always can your pledge.
Bonham

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news. Can only hope that we might also see Pale Cocoon released in the near-future. (I imported the Japanese DVD with English subtitles, but it's not anamorphic.)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Beized wrote:
And its there after on the first day. Now I guess we just get to wait and see how high it climbs.

Chrno2 wrote:
Wow, surprised this go licensed. I was just thinking about this show and was surprised that since it had been screened at quite a bit of festivals and on CR that no one bothered to give it a shot. Well, glad to see it paid off.

It's not licensed, this is the actual animation studio funding their own international release of it.

Are you serious? Really? Wow, never seen something like this happen before. Well if people are backing it then they'll definitely get first dibs. Though I wonder how this will pan out? Will the they take the remaining funds to release a limited amount of copies for the general public? I wonder if this will change the scope of how anime will get distributed. Maybe cut down on losses possibility. I would like to recommend this for our collection but I'm wondering if my job would buy it through the Kickstarter or wait for an initial release.
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 am Reply with quote
Throwing Mizu no Kotoba onto the BR would be a good start for a stretch goal. It was pretty good and obviously serves as the director's creative starting point for the Time of Eve.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Beized wrote:
It's not licensed, this is the actual animation studio funding their own international release of it.

Are you serious? Really? Wow, never seen something like this happen before. ...

Its a non-traditional release in many ways, starting with the very small group of people who put it together.
fireaxe

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:54 am Reply with quote
New stretch goal is up:
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
And only $6600 away from that mark right now, so it should pass it today without any issue. While I personally don't care for an English dub in terms of my personal viewing, this will make it a lot easier to introduce to others and spread the wonder of Time of Eve, so I fully support the measure.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Beized wrote:

Are you serious? Really? Wow, never seen something like this happen before. ...

It might be the first in this field(?), but not overall.

A few years ago, Max Factory, a figure producer(and partner company of Good Smile Company(I think)), produced an eroge (se.kirara). It made waves as it was something unprecented, even more so as it was released for free.
No knowledge how the experiment worked for them, but we can assume they kept all the proceeds from the sales of their goods(figmas by Max Factory, figures by GSC), as from any additional merchandise.
The figmas are long sold out, but I have been acquiring the figures by GSC as they are released, they're quite nice...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
They could keep stretching, couldn't they? Another $20k for this addition or that. Why stop when the going's good and you have a rabid fanbase. They still have the month to go, they're not just gonna sit around without adding more goals, right? They could probably raise more than Kick-Heart if they added enough desirable steps.

Also, we know a movie potentially has dub cost of $32k, or thereabouts. Thanks for that info.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
People have been asking for Pale Cocoon and Mizu no Kotoba
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I love this movie and am happy to do something to get these a broader distribution.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
If we are talking stretch goals, how about putting money/time towards Sakasama no Patema and releasing it ASAP! Been dying to see this for a few years now!

I will be getting this Eve no Jikan Movie Blu-Ray release, do enjoy it more than the ONA and it's nice to directly support the producers.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Vracer111 wrote:
If we are talking stretch goals, how about putting money/time towards Sakasama no Patema and releasing it ASAP! Been dying to see this for a few years now!

You sure you're not mistaking it for another movie or whatever? Confused
Sakasama no Patema hasn't even been screened yet, that will happen at France's Annexy in June. Even the ONA(prequel) is only a year old...
Beized

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
They could keep stretching, couldn't they? Another $20k for this addition or that. Why stop when the going's good and you have a rabid fanbase. They still have the month to go, they're not just gonna sit around without adding more goals, right? They could probably raise more than Kick-Heart if they added enough desirable steps.

Also, we know a movie potentially has dub cost of $32k, or thereabouts. Thanks for that info.

The reckless application of stretch goals has been the downfall of many a successful kickstarter. Since Studio Rikka is an actual company that known's how to to properly manage a budget, I suspect we'll see fewer, more reasonable stretch goals. And that's fine by me. A gorgeous ToE Blu-ray, with a dub thrown in too boot? Can't think of much else I would want.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3