• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Odd Couples [2013-11-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow..that spoiler warning was in a TERRIBLE position. Put it in front AND behind the sentence next time. Though, it did prove my theory about how predictable AoT is
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
There are so many weird couples in anime, but one of the least expected is Hero and Demon King from Maoyu.

Which reminds me, a most overpowered character list should be done! Definitely Hero would be on it, and a certain problem child....

Wouldn't a "most overpowered character" list just be a bunch of shonen protagonists?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Wouldn't a "most overpowered character" list just be a bunch of shonen protagonists?

Talking about overpowered, the ending of the latest Thor movie suggests the next film could be about the Infinity Gauntlet.
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Now that you mention it, ya probably =(
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I think spoiler[Gen Shishio] had a very cool monster form in Kekkaishi. And that dude from Bleach? Really? I could list a lot of characters with better monster forms like erhm.... spoiler[Ichigo] (Bleach early spoiler) or Naruto.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote
wait, no Haruko Haruhara and Naota from FLCL? Heh, Just kiddin' we all have our favorites... I'd vote Ryoko and Ayeka from Tenchi, myself... but there are just so many... isn't that what involves us and makes us care about characters? The things they do, regardless of their misgivings and oddness?

Another I'd CERTAINLY vote for would be Klaus and Dio from Last Exile.

Also, you could prolly do a whole set of harem enemies who end up with friendly if unsavory ties...
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Hi-Chan wrote:
What about Revy and Rock from Black Lagoon.

exactely they should definitely be on that list.

though Why mioshi and Kiyonee as number 1 is beyond me. if any odd couple that should have been on that list is SM's Usagi & Mamoru ( Serena & Darien for the DIC english dub version ) since in season 1 they couldnt even stand one another let alone be in the same room together. or even usagi and rei since they always argue even more.

then there is also Love Hina's Keitarou and Naru cause their relationship is similar to Ryuugi and Teiga. i can definitely get why mioshi and kiyonee are on the list cause they are definitely an odd couple but not number 1 for the oddest couple after usagi and mamoru .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3