• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Claymore Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Callik

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Anyway, I'm up through volume 6 in the manga and I love it, is anyone else farther?
jtstellar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote
this manga series is just something some people aren't used to.. some series like berserk spends much effort explaining its philosophies.. some others simply try to communicate without as much conversation and words.

if you see it then you see it.. if you don't then you don't, "messages" aren't always in words. Don't even bother asking me to try to explain the series in a few plain words. for people comparing it to berserk series..
berserk characters can somewhat be described as half carrying the "burdens" of their past and half exploring their own path towards the future, while claymore characters seem to get trapped in a labyrinth of their own past and repeat certain behaviors, leading to one tragic after another. It is of course without much hope and a sense of "heads up high as you walk" (i have no problem with author expressing it that way, but i do have a problem with the stupid fanboys who like the series only because of the "guts") as the berserk series.

if you're trying to debate this "lesser version" -ness much based on personal references.. i apologize to myself for even wasting my time posting.

and if black and white pictures drawn by hands readily resemble some type of similarities to you without any interconnectivity to author style and self expression, i apologize to myself again for wasting my time. a little observance carries you a long way. the fact that you can't tell the difference doesn't mean they don't exist.

what's great about anime/manga is that there are many details easily left out for people who simple minded-ly "enjoy" the series due only to his/her personal preferences, while at the same time provide much more rewarding enlightenment for people who spend more effort in everything they do, entertainment or not. if you're the prior.. you're probably better off watching Hollywood movies.

but ya, i know "personal preferences" can't be avoided by most of you, and it gets in the way of appreciating an author's work. but i just had to say it anyway because this "i personally don't like it, therefore it is not good" logic is really starting to bother me.

if you're 12 years old or younger, i apologize for this post. bye.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3