• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel Offers Attack on Titan Crossover on Free Comic Book Day

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
TopGunman wrote:
Seriously, Marvel? Your comics are boring, AoT is not gonna make your crap even better.

You know what? You just won me ten bucks, and you didn't even have a clue! No damn joke. Two of my buddies were here playing Chronophantasma, and the second this article went up I bet that the first post would be by some hateful weaboo. ...Truth be told, I was kind of sort of betting on GATSU.

But hey, your presence at least entitles me to five whole dollars!

You know what? Good for you if you actually won five or ten bucks even though I'm sure you probably made it up, but either way I feel completely indifferent towards it.

Removed unnecessary insults. The only thing clear here is that I dislike specifically Marvel comics. How do you know I don't like French, German, Korean or UK comics in addition to manga? I do, actually. And by the way, I'm not American nor white/Caucasian. Taking these into account, I don't qualify as a 'weaboo'.

Now, please make a counterpoint taking those facts into account and not throwing in some stereotypical crap. Removed unnecessary insults.

Stop dragging this thread off topic with the insults. --willag
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Cleaned up the post to remove off-topic stuff and personal insults. --willag

Quote:
And if they by some miracle I eventually find something I'd like, it's likely not well known and obscured by all that superhero junk they've rehashed to death, and not all of us have the free time to look.
Well see now we don't know you actually read Marvel Comics. Marvel produces plenty of unique and un-rehashed Material every year and even this is a vapid criticism. Superhero comics are a genre in itself. Complete with styles of troupes. Of course Marvel puts out things relishing in that. Maybe Superhero stuff is'nt your thing? Fine. Doesn't have to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
^^^
I don't think the moderators are too fond of over quoting, just putting that out there.
GalicianNightmare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Removed for being off-topic. --willag
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
All right guys, this is a mod warning, stop the insults and dragging this thread through the mud. Stay on topic. Anyone who continues slinging insults after this post is just going to have their post automatically deleted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
www.avclub.com/article/marvel-universe-we-know-it-coming-end-214148?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

Apparently, Marvel is rebooting their whole damn universe(s), ala DC's Infinite Crises, so maybe when they rebuild it, they can just add Titans in!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I thought they already did that with House of M.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I thought they already did that with House of M.

No that was just a short alternate universe romp which ended with 99% of mutant-kind being depowered.

There's still a LOT of conflicting info on what exactly will happen with Secret Wars aftermath, and Marvel's still being a little coy with it.

Some news sites suggest it'll be a full universe-wide reboot, while others like direct interviews with Brian Michael Bendis suggest that one of the only major effects will be to fold the Ultimate universe with the main canon.

Honestly Marvel's been doing extremely good over the past few year, and between that and all the vitriol that resulted from One More Day and the New 52, I honestly have more faith in them than usual in regards to these kinds of events.

And Jonathan Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers runs, which are being used as the lead up to the Secret Wars event, have been absolutely amazing, so at least there's a solid foundation to this whole thing to add some extra confidence.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I might stop by a local comic shop for this. I haven't visited in awhile... However, VIZ is giving away Jojo, so if I were to choose...

I prefer the soft reboots where the majority of things stay the same, the universes are consolidated, and some key changes occur to modernize (or in some cases downright fix) certain aspects. My issue with New 52 stemmed from this, as it got rid of a huge number of heroes, mostly the old ones, and history. If the heroes didn't disappear, they were sent to Earth 2 and shared little of the original's characteristics. Other parts were needlessly rewritten or time was drastically condensed--all the Robins suffered from this. But the Convergence event is merging the old DCU and the New52, so I guess it's an easy fix.

Basically, I hope Marvel handles it better than DC. I think the Internet has changed how these things can be handled. During Crisis on Infinite Earths (which mostly functioned to consolidate all of DC's many earths), you didn't have an entire wiki devoted to cataloging characters. There was no easy access to forums and fanfiction and blogs. New readers wouldn't necessarily know of Jason Todd's original character, but everyone today is aware of Tim Drake's.

TopGunman wrote:
The only thing clear here is that I dislike specifically Marvel comics. How do you know I don't like French, German, Korean or UK comics in addition to manga?

I just want to say that American comics don't begin and end with superhero comics. There are tons of graphic novels that have nothing to superheroes, which tend to hog the spotlight. They aren't too hard to find if you hop around Amazon for a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3