• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Castle Town Dandelion (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

I wonder who the gravity defying superhuman with red hair is? Scarlet Bloom!

Wonder how long it took Aoi to figure out she had been duped by Kanade. Although Kanade seemed shocked that it was so effective.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I just read the manga chapter with the confession. Too bad they didn't adapt it faithfully, the manga version is cuter.

Oh my goodness you're right, that was a much cuter confession scene than what the anime gave us. It's a shame that they changed it.

DuskyPredator wrote:
Wonder how long it took Aoi to figure out she had been duped by Kanade.

Aoi realised almost straight away the glasses were fake but she still wanted to use the glasses to help Akane.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Did not really think about it before, but Akane and Teru are surprisingly similar to each other with their desires to be heroes. Akane is pretty cool character.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

So election results are in, but first talk about a couple things. Aoi resigned, she knew that in total truth her not quite controllable ability would be wrong for her position if she became a king. It would seem that both her parents thought that this would be a problem, really Aoi would not like to be in a position where she has to give orders and with her total control. It was kind of like the entire election was set up to allow her the chance to refuse the position, and have it totally be her own choice.

In general the last episode allowed us to see where all the siblings fit into, and also how they might have grown. A favourite would be specifically the Akane's fan club president wanting to see embarrassed Akane, before saying that how Akane has progressed a bit past that is good too. After an event of everyone doing their part we have Shuu elected as the next king, after all he is probably the best at delegating work where it is needed. I think through the series we have seen him actually work with and for his siblings arguably the most. The series ended with saying what each sibling is doing now, that the story really moves forward from there and how they all change. Akane saying that she has not really changed at all compared to the rest of her siblings, but we know that is not true with how she has gotten over a lot of her fear.

This really was initially a fairly low priority watch, it was not like the story was anything deep, characters were largely archetypes, and you could call it a lot of fluff. But in general it has actually been a fairly fun show, you get to know all of the characters fairly well, and there is actually some not bad character development. My favourite part of series was definitely Scarlet Bloom, Akane was best when she was past her embarrassment and even showed her more silly hero side. In general, I have to also bring attention to the OP song, while first it feels cluttered, it is a good tune, and have really liked that later it has felt like a great representation of the series, one of my top OP of the season that I actually listened to pretty much each episode.

My rating for the series, I give a Good, it was worth watching. If you can take the more down to earth slice of life with the actual kind of odd situation, it can be a very fun watch.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
I thought the show was kind of fun overall, a few episodes I had to skim as it wasn't my taste while there were some others that were more fun. Overall, a decent show but not mindblowing.

Loved most of the ED cards though including the finale's:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Honestly wasn't expecting Shu to get elected. I figured either Aoi would reveal her true power but people would vote for her anyways, or she'd drop out allowing Akane to win. Guess the way he handled the air ship disaster really impressed people.

It was a fun and colourful series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3