• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Beach Episodes Worth Watching

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I think ep 5 of Please Teacher would qualify as a "beach episode" worth watching and not all for Ms Kazumi or Koishi in swimsuits. A lot of plot advancement occurred along with a lot of other funny and serious hijinks. And there was the little girl (Nacchan) looking for romance with her poor dog...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Ouran's beach episode was definitely worth watching even though half of it was at night indoors. Smile
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the character, from Another, Junta Nakao, spoiler[actually dies from a fatal head injury before the boat even hits him.]
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
When was the beach episode of Bleach.

I really enjoyed the first 63 episodes of the show, but I gave up on it after the "Bount" story. That ended with episode 91, I think.

Did I quit watching Bleach before the beach episode, or am I just not remembering it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:11 pm Reply with quote
You quit watching way before the beach episode, which is number 228.

Last edited by Takkun4343 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
@Takkun4343
Thank you for the information.

My libraryhas some Bleach on DVD. I'll have to see if they have the disc with episode 208. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
secondkas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:03 pm Reply with quote
the article wrote:
Makoto looks to be in need of CPR and Haruka leans in for the "kiss," causing excited fan girls to squeal and curse in the span of a few seconds.

So true. When I watched it I thought it was no big deal; since it was only CPR, we can all just play innocent. Then they pulled back and I was like, “Sh**, the production really knows the fans, how they will take it, and now it's going to tease them.” Very impressive, KyoAni.

keichitsu0305 wrote:
Because Makoto's fear of water was (no pun intended) very shallow. If they had brought up the incident from the light novel then him combating his fear when saving Rei would have added more weight.

Also true. In the light novel I felt Makoto's fear was more profound. spoiler[To Makoto the sea (water, actually) represented loss, death, and the unknown, and those are crippling truths to deal with when you're very young.] But, you know, Free! can only focus on so many things and in season 1 the major plot was Rin's problem.

invalidname wrote:
The beach mini-episode OVAs of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun continue to build out the hilarious character relationships and remind us why we need more of this show.

I also love the beach episode in Nozaki-kun. It's very funny. However, in the end it doesn't stand out from the rest in the list.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:26 pm Reply with quote
@secondkas
Yeah, I found season 1 fun but, lacking in real resolve for its characters conflicts esp. since it was mainly about Haru and Rin's angst. I won't go into it because I'm on my phone but, this only makes me like season 2 more for giving mostly everyone closure.

For film series, I chose Patlabor since imo that series managed to take a light comedy about police in mecha and transform it into solid drama and visual flair. I'm referring more so to the first & second film; haven't seen the third yet.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
When I watched Sailor Moon years ago, and I watched all the episodes, I thought the dinosaur episode was bad, unusually bad, so I'm surprised to see it on this list.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Kinda bummed that Kamina didn't pull out a win in last week's poll. I mean you'd undoubtedly die in a massive explosion by the end of the night, but by God it would be the manliest way to go ever. Come to think of it, you'd probably have an equal chance of dying with Revy, and possibly even Spike. Lots of great dangerous choices there. Very Happy
Holo is quite the entertaining drunk - assuming you can afford her. The one constant, though, is that she never stops until she's falling down drunk, so you'll have to make sure to pencil in some time to drag her home before the bankruptcy proceedings.
maoyen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
The Panty & Stocking beach episode was funny as hell. Too bad that didn't make the list.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Bleach beach episode definitely got snubbed. First of all you get fanservice, because you won't see the likes of spoiler[Unohana, Nanao, Isane, Inoue, Rangiku and Soi Fong in swimwear (I won't count Yoruichi because of her transformation from cat to human)] and the script was well written for the dialogue between all the characters. Definite snub.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Holo is quite the entertaining drunk - assuming you can afford her. The one constant, though, is that she never stops until she's falling down drunk, so you'll have to make sure to pencil in some time to drag her home before the bankruptcy proceedings.

Yeah, the kicker with Holo is that you run the risk of blowing out a disk in her back when you inevitably have to drag her back upstairs to her room. Very Happy
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Highschool of the dead dedicated an ova to it. Ranma 1/2 movie 2 dedicated. Oh wait, worth watching? Lol no. Vividred poke.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the GTO episodes when they went to Okinawa. But I'm guessing they couldn't put more than one episode from a series on here. Shame School Rumble didn't are the list though, that was one of the funniest beach episodes I've ever seen in my life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5