• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
We are already on episode 6 .. out of 8 ?

Can they wrap the series up in just 2 more episodes ?

Of course they won't, they leave it open for a third season, if there is one.
Mayura_chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
We are already on episode 6 .. out of 8 ?

Can they wrap the series up in just 2 more episodes ?

Of course they won't, they leave it open for a third season, if there is one.

Next week is last episode! I doubt the will finish it - there are too many unanswered questions!
Hopefully they will make a 3rd season and hopefully it will not only consist of 4 epidodes or lesser like this season!
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
It's too rushed, although I'm more interested in what is about to happen. Problem is I'll have to wait for season 3.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Yet again, I find myself shaking my head at just how much the reviewer and I disagree fundamentally on this series. I personally thought this was one of the season's best episodes. While I had some issues with it, the execution was largely spot-on, I found.
Mayura_chan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
ZiharkXVI wrote:
It's too rushed, although I'm more interested in what is about to happen. Problem is I'll have to wait for season 3.

I completly agree!
Honestly speaking I'm rather dissapointed at this new season! I do not understand why they even changed the CG Director or the studios! I'm missing the "Wow factor" which i had at the first season!
Each episode is rushed, to much is putted in, Hermes crew is getting not much screen time, Narsus and Shagad got to much screentime. It was clear at first ep with Shagad that he is not good!...-_- Hermes new mask looks dumb..
Haaa.... disappointed.... and I really loved the first season so much!
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
so one more episode to go ?

how are they going to wrap up this series in one episode?

maybe there's a season 3 ? or the series is actually 25-26 episode instead of 8 ?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
Rose Bridges wrote:
The episode ends with Arslan sentencing Shagad to spend a few years in slavery to understand the error of his ways. This struck me as a little cruel for the young prince, at odds with what has been established about him outside of his hatred for slavery. This harsh punishment feels like a jump inconsistent with how we've seen his character develop.

He was essentially sentenced to just one year hard labor. Shagad's actions led to the deaths of untold numbers of soldiers, sailors and innocent townspeople, and was treasonous to boot. Everyone was expecting him to be executed, but Arslan chose a path for him that might result in a change of heart and some redemption.

What sort of punishment do you think would fit his crimes, that would also be in keeping with Arslan's character?
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Rose Bridges wrote:
For example, we barely saw anything of Arslan's team's expedition to Safdie Island, the home of treasure, in an episode that was supposed to focus on it.

Um... that's obviously because they never actually went to the island. Narsus did say in the episode that he knew right away that the information about the treasure was a lie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
^

But they did went to the island as it was the pirates' base of operation, I think the purpose of the attempted ruse was to make Arslan & co, depart lightly-guarded, and then have the rest of the pirates kill the group with their numerical superiority.
Australian JRPG Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Good episode again.

Azrael with the assist.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
^
Very Happy

Really good episode, like the review mentioned I'm a bit surprised they paced the arc where it looks like they will start the next thing in the last ep of the season rather than have given that story one more episode. Hopefully that's a sign we were always getting more after this short season.

AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
so one more episode to go ?

how are they going to wrap up this series in one episode?

maybe there's a season 3 ? or the series is actually 25-26 episode instead of 8 ?

I really hope there's a third season coming. Smile I'd really like more and I'd like them to get a full 2-cour season again, I loved the thorough pacing of the first season (neither Arslan nor Hilmes' groups got shortchanged for screentime) though I've still been really enjoying these slightly faster episodes. Smile

That's a good question, I'm curious if these were originally the first 8 episodes of a normal season since Etoile could have easily opened the next season. Hopefully they don't have to rush their reunion since it's the season finale and we get some more good scenes with them like at the end of the first season. And hopefully that means we're getting another season to continue from here.
WeNTuS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
From what i read before it seems like anime is very popular in Japan so the chances of having new season are very high.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote
The first season sales averaged about 1,400 DVDs and 2,000 Blu-rays. That's not bad for a series like this, I guess, but not something I'd call "very popular." It's hard to find viewing figures for anime these days, but one Reddit post claims, without any documentation, that Arslan Senki drew a 4.5 rating. So it could be that it was "popular" among viewers even though not popular among disc buyers.

I know that anime in general is pretty price inelastic in Japan, but you have to wonder about the standard strategy of releasing the show in small installments. In this case it would require buying eight discs just to get the original 26 episodes. For a show that probably appeals more to family audiences than otaku, that seems wrong-headed to me. Individual BR's cost some US$70-80 each. What family would invest $600 just to watch Arslan Senki?
Panoptican

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
It's my understanding that this is one of those few anime that airs at a reasonable, mainstream time. Usually those shows don't rely on disc sales as much. That being said I have no clue how well it's doing in TV ratings.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
As I said, it was claimed Arslan Senki averaged a 4.5 in its original outing. Too bad the claimant provided no data for this assertion.

Ever since the demise of the Geocities site after 2012, we sadly no longer have good data on television ratings. In the US, it's pretty easy to find the ratings for most any show at places like TV by the Numbers. If there any equivalent sites in Japan, I'd love to hear about them. Anything outside the top-ten or so seem to be heavily guarded secrets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4