• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. Anime Announces Franchise's New Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
The first three movies again looked fine but starting in the fourth movie, it took a notable nosedive with a lot of static backgrounds and off model character designs and animation short cuts.

And the first three didn't? I disagree, movie 2 in particular had a lot of the same shortcuts you mentioned here that made it feel more like a visual novel than an actual anime movie.
NCfanboy1

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
None of the previous movies stated Gennai was an imposter. It was hinted at but it was also just as likely Gennai was being controlled by the dark spore he was infected by in Adventure which was the prevailing fan theory. Part 6 just pulled the whole Gennai is a clone thing out of thin air.

Bullshit. He clearly said in the 4th movie "Although, I may not be the same Gennai you know." and "Is it that important if I'm Gennai or not?"

Those are clearly signs that he was likely not the real deal! And the silhouette at Movie 6 proves it. The only question left is "Who is he?"

Quote:
That's what virtually every Digimon series have ever done with the evolution. Every series has always had a last minute ultra powered up evolution like that. Adventure did it with MagnaAngemon and Omnimon, 02 did it with Imperialdramon Pallidin mode, Tamers did it with Gallantmon Crismon mode, and even Tri did it with Omnimon Merciful Mode and MagnaDramon.

First of all MagnaAngemon was an Ultimate level Digimon, and he obviously made other appearances since then, Omnimon and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode were movie exclusive characters, Imperialdramon, Gallantmon, and Omnimon were already Mega level so it doesn't count if they have a mode change, and Magnadramon was just ONE DIGIMON out of eight of them, I was complaining that THE WHOLE F***ING TEAM IN APPLI MONSTERS had to wait until the final arc to ALL digivolve at the same time! At least the past "last minute" digivolutions were one at a time! That's WAY less frustrating in my opinion.

Quote:
That's how effective plot twists are supposed to be written. You don't spell out your plot twist right away because that's not effective writing.

I don't care that it's a shocking plot twist, I care that all Offmon did was question Yuujin's orders but still goes through with it as if he knew Yuujin was a bad guy all along... AND THEY NEVER YELLED AT HIM FOR IT LIKE THIS https://sebkliffoth.tumblr.com/post/165091985280/why-offmon-still-obey-yj-14-even-knowing-the

Quote:
Frankly the Appmon kids showed much more concern for Yuujin and Offmon

Again... instead of questioning Offmon if he knew Yuujin was a robot the whole time!? If I were them I'd feel betrayed! I mean he was in on the whole thing and "PLEASE SAVE YUUJIN" was the best excuse they could come up with that!? BULL... SHIT!!! Mad
Kzwtl

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 am Reply with quote
Now they got decent amount of $ out of this... Hopefully they do a better job... Just hope... Question Question Question
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3