• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuri!!! on Ice Concert With New Anime Film News to Stream Live Globally on Sunday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:06 am Reply with quote
EDIT: Ah ha, I knew I would find some kind soul translating.

"Hello, good evening, where's the mike?"

"Good evening, thank you for coming."

"Thank you for coming, did you have fun?"

*greetings to all the live viewing people in Japan*

"And apparantly there are folks overseas watching this streaming too, but I'm not too good at English so I'll pass the mike over"

(THEY TRIED ENGLISH OK)

"I'm very happy that we were able to hold a concert in Osaka so soon. I'm actually from Osaka."
(audience member: Where?)
"Around Takai prefecture. Unimportant personal info being exposed to the world lol"

"Are there any people from overseas? thank you very much for coming."
"Thank you again for coming to YuriCon in Osaka!"
"we'd like to do more in Osaka and Tokyo, possibly even Saga!"
"No promises, I"m just saying! Possibly overseas too, It'd be nice if it happened, one day."

"Regarding the film too, we're working on some wonderful movie for it, so please look forward to it!"

"Introducing some musicians, during the concert this morning we did this too"
"come in come in, everyone come in!"
*calling out various musicians names*

"sorry no time to introduce everyone, I'll put it all up on twitter later so please check it out!"
"we'd like to end with a few more pieces!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 am Reply with quote
Ahh, thank you for that translation! <3

Seriously, that performance gave me SHIVERS. Amazing. This was an incredible watch.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:10 am Reply with quote
Yes, that History Maker was amazing. The whole show was amazing! They will probably follow up with the new music I'm guessing.

And then announcements about the movie!!! YAY!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:17 am Reply with quote
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Victor's backstory!!!!!

I knew it!

That's it I'm going to Japan next year!!

Last edited by Keichitsu0305 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
Ice Adolescence? Nice! It looks like we're getting Victor's backstory!!!

I just hope that we still get plenty of Yuuri though (NEED MY BEST BOY!!)
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 am Reply with quote
More Victor is always welcome! Can't wait!!!!

Ya know, I don't even care that I have to at work in less than 3 hours.

This. Was. Worth. It.

And willag, thanks for hanging out with me for this. I don't have any friends who watch Yuri (believe me I've tried!), so it's nice to be able to able to appreciate this with someone else who...well APPRECIATES the beauty and wonder that is Yuri!!! on Ice! Very Happy
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:19 am Reply with quote
Awww it's over. At least we've got the movie coming in 2019. Hopefully it's not too late in the year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Ice Adolescence?

It almost goes without saying that Ikuhara fans have plenty to look forward to now...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
returnal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
started crying during the concert and won't stop crying until 2019, and then i'll cry again after that
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
@Time Bandit - Yes, thank you for keeping me company throughout this! It was fun! I have one friend who is really into the show and we trade fanfic recs with one another, but she's been busy as of late with school. Most of my other friends didn't love the show as much as I did (and I love it quiiiiiite a bit). I do my best to interact with fanfic writers and fanartists who are active on tumblr and twitter, but I'm still kind of an outsider there because I neither write nor draw. I contribute to the fandom in other ways. I have a tumblr set up with an in-progress organized fanfic recs (currently have around 120 recced... I only post recs that I also include reviews for).

Anyways, I really appreciate being able to share a back and forth with you. Hopefully I'll see you around here again in the future. Feel free to PM me if you wish. And good luck with work!

EDIT: Anyways, I gotta say, I hope this isn't a movie ONLY about Victor's backstory. For one, Yuuri is my favorite character, and I want him present. Additionally, I really want to see Yuuri and Victor's relationship (like, the way the interact with one another is half of the reason I loved the first season). I like how the show is about them as adults, and I'm more interested in their future as adults than I am their past. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch a movie just about their pasts (even if it is primarily Victor). I'd enjoy it. I just hope that the past is woven into the present where they're now all in St. Petersburg and training together.

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
@Time Bandit - Anyways, I really appreciate being able to share a back and forth with you. Hopefully I'll see you around here again in the future. Feel free to PM me if you wish. And good luck with work!

Same here! I think I had even more fun watching the concert with you here, cause I could fangirl over literally everything with someone who loves this show and it's music as much as I do! I'm not much for social media, but I would love to check out your Tumblr account (gotta figure out how that works first, LOL!). I love me some well written fanfics. (I've been reading some Dragon Age ones recently and yeah...Mmm... Embarassed )

As for work...well, it'll be interesting...lol. Lots of coffee me thinks...LOTS of coffee...lol.

willag wrote:
Anyways, I gotta say, I hope this isn't a movie ONLY about Victor's backstory. For one, Yuuri is my favorite character, and I want him present. Additionally, I really want to see Yuuri and Victor's relationship (like, the way the interact with one another is half of the reason I loved the first season). I like how the show is about them as adults, and I'm more interested in their future as adults than I am their past. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch a movie just about their pasts (even if it is primarily Victor). I'd enjoy it. I just hope that the past is woven into the present where they're now all in St. Petersburg and training together.

THIS. I also LOVE Yuuri, and he is my favorite as well. I would love a backstory to tie in with what is happening at present. Kinda like spoiler[the Banquet scene did]. I want to be surprised and amazed, but I want a nice happy ending as well. And then, who knows...maybe second season...?

Last edited by Time Bandit on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
willag wrote:
Ice Adolescence?

It almost goes without saying that Ikuhara fans have plenty to look forward to now...

I swear to God if Yuuri turns into a car or him and Victor kiss each other while naked on a speeding lunge.... actually please let this happen.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
My tumblr is here: https://willag42.tumblr.com/

You don't actually need an account to look at what I've posted. But if you want to create one so that we can chat on there, I would totally be into that.

I can also PM you my twitter if you'd like.

Yes, being able to chat back and forth with you made watching the concert even better! So thank you very much for fangirling over it with me!
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:53 am Reply with quote
Time Bandit wrote:
THIS. I also LOVE Yuuri, and he is my favorite as well. I would love a backstory to tie in with what is happening at present. Kinda like spoiler[the Banquet scene did]. I want to be surprised and amazed, but I want a nice happy ending as well. And then, who knows...maybe second season...?

I was always kind of hoping that the movie would be about Worlds from that same skating season with Victor back on the ice. And then, Yuuri finally wins his gold, which he totally should have gotten at the end of the first season - still salty about that, especially since the Yurio's SP score is literally impossible for the elements he did. The last 2 episodes kind of broke the realism that the rest of the series mostly maintained. Like YOI felt like it could happen in the real world and had adapted the skating rules from the real world. Up until those last two episodes.

Also, there's no way JJ should have made the podium either. After Nathan Chen skated in the Olympics and got a SP score lower than JJ's from the series? I was so mad. I had to go and calculate JJ's score myself to show just how impossible his score was: Scoring sheet. Even giving JJ +3 GOEs and perfect PCS, he is STILL 10 points lower than what he earned in the series.

If the movie (or potential second season) wants to go the route of a judging controversy (like maybe acknowledge that JJ shouldn't have been on the podium or that Yuuri's SP was underscored or that Yurio was given favor because he's Russian), I would totally like that. Like, if that was Sayo/Kubo's plan all along, and the end GPF results were deliberate to address a judging controversy, then total props. I doubt that's going to happen, but I'd love to see it addressed. I guess I just have to accept that the scores and judging for the anime is different from the real world.

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 am Reply with quote
Oh I agree about the last two episodes! The saltiness is totally there for me too. But I'm hoping the movie will make things better for us. And if not, season 2 had better be a thing, or I WILL riot. No lie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4