• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover Anime to Continue Beyond Episode 51

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Hopefully heroaca learns from it and magically gets a continuation as well.

Wait what? Do you really prefer the Naruto/One Piece/DBS continuous adaptation that drags and have terrible quality because they can't keep up with it to what HeroAca is doing?
xzy123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Wait what? Do you really prefer the Naruto/One Piece/DBS continuous adaptation that drags and have terrible quality because they can't keep up with it to what HeroAca is doing?

Sure you can just run a kickstart in Japan and give all the money to the anime.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
So is the Toonami one gonna continue as well? It's doing pretty bad from what I can tell.

hardly! but just like with academia, it would have done better on AS if they had the dub first show on toonami instead of showing them online just like with jojo and attack of titan!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:
FackuIkari wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Sure you can just run a kickstart in Japan and give all the money to the anime.

..... what?
James_xeno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:46 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
So is the Toonami one gonna continue as well? It's doing pretty bad from what I can tell.

Not true at all. It basically got forced out of its earlier time slot only because Toonami got MHA and "common sense" (Rolling Eyes) dictated that BC moves to accommodate. Well that didn't work out very well at all. Mainly because Toonami's being run by a bunch of children who like to play (favorites) with the time slots. (not to mention the series they get, or don't get, themselves) Specifically, keeping series that get beat by later series, in earlier slots. So BC went from the 3rd spot at 11:30pm (where it was easily the 3rd highest rated show of the night) to the 6th at 1:00am, while MHA took it's spot at 11:30 a few weeks later and promptly tanked the spots ratings by almost 100k. It's not fully clear what happened. But it may have had something to do with a lot of people being upset that 3 or 4 months into the series, it got pushed back to a time slot way too late for a number of them to continue to be able to watch. And over other series that it still at times beats. Then a few weeks after that, they incomprehensibly switched it again, this time with HxH a half hour later at 1:30, who it was consistently beating, for no clear reason at all.

Toonami is a mess right now overall. The people running it are running it into the ground with their (personally favored) series choices and time slot nonsense. I mean they currently have a series running in an early slot which get's beat by two or three of the following ones, another that is a rerun (Yes, they even have reruns playing before premieres) and a 3rd that chronically underperforms, all in a row! But being pet projects/favorites means they win out and keep their time slots. Even as ratings slide and slide.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully we have DVR's now. Sadly, now that I changed to DISH, I got to copy AS shows on CN East and CN West to make sure I don't lose shows to loss of satellite signal.
Gohanangered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Makes me happy more is coming. Means the anime is doing well like the manga is. Plus there's enough material for even a third season by the time season 2 is done. Also for someone who commented about still liking boruto more, i don't agree with that. I think it's way better then boruto. Plus boruto isn't even canon. But anyways looking forward to what's to come. Smile
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Gohanangered wrote:
Makes me happy more is coming. Means the anime is doing well like the manga is. Plus there's enough material for even a third season by the time season 2 is done. Also for someone who commented about still liking boruto more, i don't agree with that. I think it's way better then boruto. Plus boruto isn't even canon. But anyways looking forward to what's to come. Smile

that's incorrect!

its 100% CANON! kishimoto have pretty much confirmed it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Did I read correctly that MHA is doing worse than Black Clover in ratings on Adult Swim?

... can someone attempt to explain why?

Near as I can tell, MHA is in every way a better show than Black Clover. It is often the case that there's some kind've inability to compare shows, but I don't think that's the case here.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:03 am Reply with quote
^Presumably because MHA is airing material that's been available online for 2 years (or 1 year in the case of S2) so there's less of an audience interested in rewatching it/discovering it for the first time. Black Clover, meanwhile, is only 6 months behind the simulcast, so there's less time for viewers to have already watched it.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
I only discovered this when episode 52 showed up. But I've been watching the dubs so I'm a few weeks behind. It's not the greatest anime, but it's better than most expected. It's anime comfort food.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3