• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunslinger Girl -- discussion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Somebody feel free to correct my ignorance here, but would there really be a significant difference in visual quality in animation between a Blu-ray release and a standard DVD release that was up-rezzed on a Blu-ray player? I have never had the opportunity to compare so I really don't know.

The biggest difference would probably be the lack of video compression problems, since Blu-ray offers so much more bandwidth for video and audio. Many of Funimation's DVDs have disappointed people with their video problems (and if you didn't see them yourself, then don't worry about Blu-ray), and some of those problems should go away with the newer format. Carefully-controlled upscaling in BD production might produce better quality than a BD-player upscaling while playing, too.

We'll just have to read the reviews once the various series' BD versions arrive. ^_^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3