• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Edens Zero Anime's Video Reveals More Cast, T.M.Revolution Song, Netflix 2021 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TemplateR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:29 am Reply with quote
Netflix is very strange, because (I said that in the Shaman-King-Netflix-News also) they also simulcasting some korean tv series weekly and not as a binge-model.

I hope, that netflix could change his binge-model a little bit and releasing some series weekly.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:31 am Reply with quote
They cloned Erza?
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

Aye!
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:50 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

I mean...let's not forget that Fairy Tail has at least 3 different versions of Erza, lol.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

I mean...let's not forget that Fairy Tail has at least 3 different versions of Erza, lol.

You mean Jellal. Who is a clone of Sieg from Rave Master.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:21 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

And Plue makes his third anime appearance.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:

You mean Jellal. Who is a clone of Sieg from Rave Master.

No, I meant what I said. There are at least two Erza doppelgangers in Fairy Tail. The one in Edolas and another they run into in 100 Years Quest. Also, the Sieg archetype goes back even further than Rave. Blue Hair guy with face tattoo that has a name that starts with a J (Sieg is written ジ一く and pronounced Jeek) is basically Hiro Mashima's self insert character. Believe it or not, there's a new one in Edens Zero, too, named Justice.
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I still can't see this as being different from Fairy Tail, it just looks like Fairy Tail in space. At least visually anyway. I'm sure the story is way different, but I still expect a lot of nakama powah.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:18 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

I'm not gonna lie, I would be very amused if she removed her eye patch and was like, "Haha, I was Erza all along!"
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

I'm not gonna lie, I would be very amused if she removed her eye patch and was like, "Haha, I was Erza all along!"

The crew already met Erza in the Mashima Hero's crossover, haha. Ah, and people tend to forget that one of Erza's eyes is actually fake, same eye that Elsie has covered.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
They cloned Erza?

Her concept is rooted in Erza, but she's very much her own beast. It would take a good long while for the anime to get there, but there are things she's done that Erza would never do, and other things that some people wish Erza would do. Just...try not to look up any shots of her from the manga if it's not your style.

That's one thing to enjoy about all the references, I suppose: how they toy around with your expectations to make you realize you're not in Earthland anymore (or Edolas, for that matter). The downside is how that makes it harder for the series to form its own identity, but Fairy Tail stands well enough on its own without people needing to realize its wealth of connections to Rave Master, and Edens Zero follows the same example.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3