• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Blood-Soaked Terrifying CLICK! October 25th - 31st

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numerrik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
I bet when Bleach gets to around over 150+ episodes, AS will put it in the InuYasha slots. The reason InuYasha is on so much is because it has more episodes than any other AS anime. It'll still premiere at 11pm on Saturdays, but it'll have reruns non-stop. And Magus, InuYasha is on every night except Saturdays(when CG/Moribito premiere), in the graveyard slot.

AS shouldn't get too cocky. Their Top 3 on Sundays are always reruns of shows that another network premieres. Their own original comedies do crap in the ratings. At least the anime are brand new and fresh, usually months ahead of DVD releases. You can't watch CG and Moribito and Bleach premieres a week or 2 earlier on FOX.

Honestly besides Bleach and Inu Yasha, I think they are dropping anime completely after CG and Moribito finish up this season. A shame but then again they are money-grubbing boors. Though whine at Sci-Fi for Ani-Tuesdays, and beyond. Ani-Monday seems successful enough to be a staple for a long while.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I thought about it, and I think I get why AniMonday does 3 commercial breaks per anime episode. AS is dropping anime and putting them in weird spots due to low ratings in favor of comedies. Maybe Sci-Fi gets around potentially low ratings by adding extra commercial breaks. That way the advertiser sponsorship still happens, and they can ignore ratings.

It would explain why AniMonday has kept the same block schedule for over a year with no changes(Adult Swim can't say the same). I'm used to the "3 commercial breaks per episode" thing with AniMonday by now, and my guess on why the commercials happen works for me. It's been great for it to be on a specific unchanging schedule for over a year.

(Funny how every Click column's discussion these days devolves into a "AS anime is doomed, what can be done about it?" mopefest. That's gotta bug Brian.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quote
I dunno why people keep complaining about CN being "money-grubbers" (they've always been) when that's the same money-grubbing mentality that led them to pick up anime in the first place back when anime was making money. As capitalists always say, greed is good. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3