• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best Team/Org Tournament: Guide Write-Ups

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Hotel Moscow, Black Lagoon
Group Type: Criminal syndicate (with military roots)
Key Members: Balalaika (leader)
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: Hotel Moscow is treated with a mixture of fear and respect in the city of Roanapur. Although there are three other large organized crime elements in the city, none of them feature nearly so prominently as this one. Although Hotel Moscow is an international organization and may at times requisition assets and utilize connections from the rest of the syndicate, its actions within any given region are mostly independent of the rest of the organization.

The branch of Hotel Moscow that is relevant and known to the series is headed by Balalaika, a female former Soviet Union army captain. After being essentially abandoned by the military after the Soviet Union's collapse, she and most (if not all) of her direct subordinates, all highly skilled and professionally trained soldiers, joined Hotel Moscow. Partly because Hotel Moscow was created from the remnants of a formal military rather than a group of families with influence as (stereo)typical mafias are, they do not find themselves bound by codes of honor when dealing with their enemies, yet within the organization itself is an ironclad sense of loyalty, or perhaps more accurately, total obedience. As such, they attack their hostile foes with deadly efficiency and thoroughness, and any breaches of security are eliminated post haste.

That is not to say Hotel Moscow is constantly at war with other criminal factions. Balalaika knows that nonstop violence is not beneficial, and is capable of negotiating (with threat of force to backup her demands and conditions) when it is in Hotel Moscow's best interest.

Picture
Key

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
At this time I am need of a pic which would include the characters Oscar Francois de Jarjeyes, Alain de Soissons, and Andre Grandier (and preferably the whole French Guard Company B) from The Rose of Versailles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
STN-J (Witch Hunter Robin)
Group Type: Organization branch
Key Members: Robin Sena, Amon, Haruto Sakaki, Michael Lee, Miho Karasuma, Yurika Dojima
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: The STN-J is the Japanese branch of a top secret international organization that keeps track of and hunts down those making use of witchcraft to prevent its existence from being known to the public. Consisting of humans, craft-users and "seeds" (those with a witch gene), the STN-J deploys hunters to track down and apprehend or eliminate witch targets where the normal unit consists of Amon, Robin, Sakaki, Karasuma and Dojima (later in the series). Michael plays the role of the group's technical support expert making use of his hacking talents to track down vital information connected to a witch's background and whereabouts.

Group picture
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:17 am Reply with quote
Got to get my last write-up over with.

Special Services Division, Heat Guy J
Group Type: Law enforcement division
Members: Daisuke Aurora (leader)
J (Daisuke's robot partner)
Kyoko Milchan (secretary)
Antonia Bellucc (J's mechanic)
Boma (ex-con, swordman)
Ken Edmundo (former police detective, investigator)
What Makes Them a Great Team/Organization: Initially composed of only three members, the Special Services Division was formed to deal with illegal androids in the city of Judoh. It also takes action to thwart various schemes of the crime families of the city. After a change of leadership in the criminal world, Daisuke begins recruiting additional trustworthy members, and they begin investigating a conspiracy that threatens the entire city. They also demonstrate such loyalty that they refuse to leave Daisuke after he disbands the organization.

Pictures: (left to right: Ken, Boma, Kyoko, J, Antonia, Daisuke)
(left to right: Kyoko, Antonia, J behind them, Ken, Daisuke. not picutred: Boma )
(left to right: Boma, J, Daisuke, Kyoko, Ken. not pictured: Antonia)
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote
At this time I am still in need of write-ups for the Magic Knights from Magic Knight Rayearth and the Tokyo Metropolitan Polics Special Vehicles Section 2 from Patlabor. I really need these by the end of the day EST (GMT-5) if they're going to be included in the Guide.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
At this time I am still in need of write-ups for the Magic Knights from Magic Knight Rayearth and the Tokyo Metropolitan Polics Special Vehicles Section 2 from Patlabor. I really need these by the end of the day EST (GMT-5) if they're going to be included in the Guide.

I'll work on the Magic Knights writeup since I volunteered to provide some of my great images I have of them. If I get around to it I might do Sec. 2 also, but I'm kind of burned out on Police teams Anime dazed Please by all means someone else do either of them, and if your MKR is better than mine go ahead and use that instead. Unfortunately I need to troubleshoot my computer first to see why I can't get into that hd that my Rayearth pics are on.

Hows this?
Magic Knights: Magic Knight Rayearth

Members:
Hikaru Shidou: Somewhat hot tempered, she is the most enthusiastic one of the bunch and seems naturally inclined towards fighting. Her powers are based on fire elemental.
Fuu Houoji: Intelligent and very optimistic is very supportive of her two companions even when they feel hope is lost. Her powers are based on wind elemental.
Umi Ryuuzaki: A self-absorbed rich girl who is actually quite caring and will make the most of her abilities when needed. Her powers are based on water elemental.
Mokona: The silly looking creature with the jeweled forehead, is the team's companion and source of food and shelter (through magical conjuring). Speaks in an empathic babbling "Pu" sound but Hikaru seems to be able to understand him as if he were saying coherent sentences.

What makes them a great team: One day on a school field trip to the Tokyo Tower our unwilling heroines, Hikaru, Fuu and Umi are whisked away to a magical world called Cephiro, lost and disoriented they are greeted by an interesting creature called Mokona who leads them to Clef. He explains that they are destined to be legendary "Magic Knights" to battle evil forces (Zagatos) currently taking hold in the world of Cephiro. Even though they are granted with mysterious powers via their weapons made by Presia, and early on they cannot nearly grasp to what great extent their true power is, it is really their ingenuity, teamwork and pure hearts which allow them to win them the support of many charismatic allies throughout their journeys and find their own power within to defeat their enemies. Zagatos knows full well the destinies of the three girls, but despite each attempt to stop them, even way before showing their true potential, and honing their skills they manage to pull through and defeat every obstacle that stands in their way.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote
If you still need the picture of Black Stones from NANA, here is the best one I could find that had them from the anime: http://rinachan.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/wp_nana-anime-dvd1pc.jpg

Characters are, from left to right: Nobuo Terashima (Nobu), Nana Osaki, Yasushi Takagi (Yasu), and Shinichi Okazaki (Shin).
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
If you still need the picture of Black Stones from NANA, here is the best one I could find that had them from the anime: http://rinachan.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/wp_nana-anime-dvd1pc.jpg

Characters are, from left to right: Nobuo Terashima (Nobu), Nana Osaki, Yasushi Takagi (Yasu), and Shinichi Okazaki (Shin).

That'll work if I can't get the action shot I want. Now I only have to hope someone comes through on the Patlabor team and do Gekkostate (but that's one of mine).
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Assuming no one else has done one yet (which I doubt), I just wanted to say that I am indeed planning to write a guide entry up for my nomination, the Wolf Pack from Wolf's Rain. I just haven't quite had a moment of late where I was both thinking of the entry and in possession of enough brain function to actually write it.

Plus it took me a while to figure out a type of group/organization for them that wasn't just "wolf pack."

Oh, look at that, they are in Group D, not Group C like I thought, which means I can safely procrastinate a bit longer*. Hurrah! Razz

* but I probably shouldn't.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Needs at this time for Group C:

GGG, Go Gai Gar
Team AAA/Team No name, Bus Gamer
Sailor Scouts. . . do I really need to mention the title?
Best Student Council
Nirvana crew, Vandread

Feather Seekers, Tsubasa - Reservoir Chronicle
Mew Mews, Tokyo Mew Mews
Student Council, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Strategic Military Services, Macross Frontier

I'd like to see someone volunteer for Ouran High School Host Club, but that one I can do if necessary.

Last edited by Key on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering how a Bus gamer team got into this. It was just 3 episodes and the team was pretty messed up during all episodes.
This time I won't promise I'll do some of them but if that comes to it I wouldn't mind. I know I'm direct and won't go into details so someone else can give it some editing.
So, for when do you need it Key?

I know Team AAA, Feather Seekers (but I have the feeling it was someone reliable who nominated them) and Ouran High School Host Club (but they're pretty popular as well so I doubt I'll get my hands on it).
Not that many this time, I guess.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I can do the Nirvana's crew by tomorrow evening if no one else wants to.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
The sooner, the better on any write-ups. Definitely by Sunday.
LordofNoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately the only team I know well there is the Sailor Scouts. I can think of several people who would like to do it more than I, but if no one does it by Saturday I'll do it. You didn't specify in your post, but do you need pictures as well?
Key

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
LordofNoe wrote:
Unfortunately the only team I know well there is the Sailor Scouts. I can think of several people who would like to do it more than I, but if no one does it by Saturday I'll do it. You didn't specify in your post, but do you need pictures as well?

Yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 25