• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Summer 2010 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 am Reply with quote
Oh God, I SO want to hear Zac's opinion of that Asobi whatever. I can only imagine...
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote
Was Legend of the Legendary Heroes pulled from Funi's site? I can't find it....
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote
Asobi. That's the first "cat girl" I've seen sporting human ears as well. That alone is an epic fail to me. Laughing
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Click more on the latest episodes part and go to page 3.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Or go to Hulu and Bookmark or Queue it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Your not missing much and this is coming from a person who really likes rpg themed anime. I've been playing rpgs for the last 16 or so years and if the main character and the main female character were like that in a game, there is no way I'd ever finish that game.

There comes a point when talking about power becomes repetitive and almost annoying. Either power up by defeating monsters or stop talking about it

The female body guard actually was worse though. Don't just stand there and make witty banter, do something. That really vexed me the most and that is when I dropped the series.

But the summer anime has brought me two shows that I am somewhat interested in. The first is Okami (it's a long name). The first episode did no justice and I thought this would end up to be a typical harem/ecchi/moe/ blah-blah-blah show. So far, the show is much better than that and is showing some promise.

The second one is a series that will likely never be licensed in the US, strictly because of the non polite humor (which actually makes the show some what original in a sense.) That show is
Seitokai Yakuindomo and despite the first episode, the show isn't as bad as it sounds.

Unlike other some what offensive shows, there isn't much fan service (which is a good thing) and the characters aren't that stereotypical (finally a main male character that doesn't want a harem and actually does something in a show.)

Though due to the humor and bluntness of the show, I doubt this series will ever be licensed in US.
Sydra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
sirkoala13 wrote:
Should I watch the Moshiyamon anime first?

Yes. Anime hyper
machetecat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Okay seriously, there NEEDS to be an episode 2 review for Legend of Legendary Heroes. I spent a good portion of the 3rd episode with my jaw on the floor.

spoiler[THE CARNAGE!! They freaking KILLED those poor teenagers. They slashed them in half, cut off their heads, and then the boy goes into freakout mode and just wipes them all out into a bloodied pile of dust. And then it all goes back around to his point that war is stupid, and gives Sion a REAL reason to find a way to change the country.] This series just wanted to put your guard down with the first episode to lure you into total shock of what it's REALLY about.

I'm IN LOVE with this show.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote
No review yet for the second episode of Strike Witches? Shame since it's a damn good one too... eh, it'll probably be up here sooner or later, but I def can't wait for the next episode where they will supposedly be flying on broomsicks! Can't wait~!!! Very Happy
Westlo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier you do realize that episode 1 of Legend^2 is a side story and not really a good handle on what the show is about. Watch Episode 2 and 3 to see what the show is really about when it gets serious.

Episode 1 is one third of a side novel, think of FMP Fumoffu, Episode 2 and 3 seem to be the first novel of the main series which is what the anime is based on.

Also I really hope people aren't calling Maya from Occult a tsundere in regards to her interactions with the main male character. She hasn't exactly shown 1% of dere for him.. a tsundere has to actually like the person she abuses to be one :roll: The only thing Maya is tsundere about in the show is the occult itself, since she has extensive knowledge of it and enjoyed in in the past despite stating how much she hates it and wants to disband the academy.
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier you do realize that episode 1 of Legend^2 is a side story and not really a good handle on what the show is about. Watch Episode 2 and 3 to see what the show is really about when it gets serious.

Episode 1 is one third of a side novel, think of FMP Fumoffu, Episode 2 and 3 seem to be the first novel of the main series which is what the anime is based on.

Also I really hope people aren't calling Maya from Occult a tsundere in regards to her interactions with the main male character. She hasn't exactly shown 1% of dere for him.. a tsundere has to actually like the person she abuses to be one Rolling Eyes The only thing Maya is tsundere about in the show is the occult itself, since she has extensive knowledge of it and enjoyed in in the past despite stating how much she hates it and wants to disband the academy.
Wth is a Tsundere? You use it like its some type of personality. Just curious.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

That should give you a pretty good idea.
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
eaglesdome810 wrote:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

That should give you a pretty good idea.
Thanks. I really don't like those type of characters.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Jeez, nice search function and layout Funi, searching for Legend or Legendary doesn't work but The Legendary does? STUPID. Seriously, who searches for "The"....
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Your not missing much and this is coming from a person who really likes rpg themed anime. I've been playing rpgs for the last 16 or so years and if the main character and the main female character were like that in a game, there is no way I'd ever finish that game.

And you say that after watching 5 minutes? There's one thing you could do (in case you really don't plan on following this show and don't mind spoiling it): watching episode three from minute 6 to 14, or somewhere around 12 if you're in a rush. I say that because I sincerely doubt I could change your mind with words alone, so please do watch a few important parts of the anime before passing your absolute judgment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 24