• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AKB0048 + Next Stage (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Sonata is cute, but I prefer Suzuko, I have a big weakness for kind bookworm characters.

I'm not really a fan of Suzuko....the main reason being that her seiyuu really irritates me. She has this really odd....lisp...and I find it so distracting. Anime hyper
I was glad when they developed her personality a bit in episode....(can't remember). During the spat with Youko.

"That was a headbutt. Which means it hurt me just as much as it hurt you!"

Helping Makoto in 10 was amusing as well. I don't think that could actually be possible in real life...but pffff it's anime. Anime hyper
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 Final

It was an interesting final episode.
spoiler[They decided to finish the concert no matter the danger.
For that, they had full support of their fans!
Their performance was pretty cool.
Nagisa & Chieri and others sure knew how to combine fighting with singing.
Nagisa's reunion with her parents was really nice.]

I really enjoyed watching this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

I am rather happy with this series, and finishing it here kind of reminds me of how I felt when I finished the Black Rock Shooter anime; It looked so pretty, that I don't think that I fully appreciated it on the bad stream that I had, so I look forward to the chance of getting this on DVD (if that is even possible). There was quite a bit of cg used in the last episode, some of it looked especially bad, but some of the others makes me want to get a better look of it.

Actually there are a couple other parts I can compare this to my viewing of BRS, I originally came into it feeling like an outsider, but ended up really enjoying, some of the songs are one of the reasons I enjoyed them both. Some of the songs like Aitakatta (I just learned the name by do a search) did a great job of attracting my attention, and I actually like the idea of buying some CDs because they really grew onto me. I was actually really enjoying spoiler[the concert back on the planet] done in the episode, should I be happy that I can feel the emotion, or bad that I can be pulled along by it.

As it is I was a big fan of any drama in the series, I honestly had on real chance to remember so many character's names, I could keep track of the understudies identities were, but past that I was overwhelmed. I was actually totally confused who that girl who was taken out of commission in episode 12, she was not really part of the main group, and seemed to only get attention to show someone hurt without removing a major character. Ghost Character.

I look forward to another season, I liked all of the singing, drama, character designs, and the science fiction was good, even if some parts look unlikely. Although an ending is a goodbye and I should feel a bit of that hollow feeling I get when a good show finishes, it felt like a see ya later, and I am happy.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I think it'll be interesting to see how they're going to start the second season next year.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
That finale was so SHINY AND PRETTY that I had an "eyegasm", I think. Anime hyper

I'm thrilled for both Takamina and season 2!! BUT 2013 IS STILL TOO FAR AWAY!! DX

Quote:
I honestly had on real chance to remember so many character's names, I could keep track of the understudies identities were, but past that I was overwhelmed.

Oddly, I am better with names than events of plots. Anime hyper I'll give it a shot:

77th:

Nagisa
Chieri
Yuuka
Orine
Sonata
Suzuko
Makoto

76th
Kanata
Mimori

75th

Yuuko
Takamina
Mayuyu
Tomochin
Sayaka

Urm...........um..........uh.................

screw it. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:26 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Oddly, I am better with names than events of plots. Anime hyper I'll give it a shot:
That is impressive, with most anime I have to have the MyAnimeList site open just to do a post, they have pictures so I can make it sound like I remember it all. It is my dirty little secret, and why often address people with non specific greetings.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I honestly had on real chance to remember so many character's names, I could keep track of the understudies identities were, but past that I was overwhelmed.

I thought the cast was simply too large, and the story sometimes lost focus as a result. I have suspicion that the presence of all those cast members had something to do with the actual AKB and its marketing machine. Including representations of actual current cast members increased the anime's appeal to the AKB fanbase. As someone with no real interest in the actual AKB, I found trying to keep track of all the girls annoying.
RogerSterling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote
You know what's weird? I was curious about the AKB48 anime so I investigated them on YouTube and found some videos and basically liked what I saw.

I saw the first ep of the Anime and liked it.

Early in the week of discovery I got Ami Maeshima & Super*Girls confused as part of AKB48 (not being able to read Japanese on YouTube). I then checked the actor list of the Anime with the singer list of Super*Girls - getting more confused as confused Mayu Wantanbe with Ami Maeshima (simple due to their hairstyles) - after sorting all this out I became a fan of Both AKB48 & S*G's.

I started to devour clips on YouTube and streams of AKBingo and even watched the 4th General Election live on Google+. I even have a copy of the Documentary "The show must go on". I'm a huge fan of AKB48 now (Yuko, Mayu, Atsuko, & Kojima being my Favs)...you know what happend?.... I've been totally into the LIVE actual AKB48 I never get around to watching the rest of the Anime. Yet, it's the reason I bothered to investigate them in the 1st place. Now, I'm worried the Anime won't be as good as the real AKB48...how did this happen?

Anyway - I thought it was a strange journey & turn of events. I'm glad AKB has so many fans.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
glad i decided to give this show a chance. certainly enjoyed it more than i thought i would.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

An exciting first episode for AKB0048 next stage, after a spoiler[ominous dream and the girls getting ready] we start with the understudies doing spoiler[another concert, which is of course very pretty. It is definetly a good way to start off the season, and at the end of it there was announcement that the main team will be decided by votes and Center Nova also returning]. So we have a look at what the plot will have this time.

Though things go for more than just rivalry when three of girls spoiler[are kidnapped by the government who plan to do a speedy trial of Ayako (I don't remember her very well), Chieri and Sonata (two of the more popular characters). We see a bit of the DES soldiers who have mostly been faceless mooks so far, an angry judge who calls them terrorists and lots of people in grey suits condeming them]. A good way to raise the stakes this season in humanizing the enemy them just being a name and mechas, although their refusal of entertainment has them lack heart and what we might consider human. spoiler[AKB0048 mount an awesome rescue mission, singing while their enemy shoots rockets and bullets at them, Not to mention Chieri was cool with her speech].

There is also a shot at the end, it appears that spoiler[Chieri's father is doing some plot behind the scenes and plan useing the energy of the girls], seems we have a lot going on.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
I kinda thought the latest episode from Season 2 was medicore, if not better. I guess I wasn't too big of a fan of the first season anyways but will continue to watch it on how the show goes. Oh, I did enjoy the action mixed in with the idols/superstars theme.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
that was great way to kick off season 2. can i please have some more spoiler[angry Tsubasa]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

So some non concert stuff this episode, I guess spoiler[tv appearances] are a big part of Japanese idols. But it really disadvantaged the girls did not spoiler[know anything about tv shows], while some of the others knew well how to use it like spoiler[Sonata, Mimori and even Makoto had appeal].
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa was the only one spoiler[who didn't know about Variety shows since she hasn't watched any TV since movine to Akibastar]. Something about the former successor who is now a camerawoman doesn't sit right with me. kinda seems like spoiler[she might be a mole for DES].
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So...two episodes in and....Chiibi is rather disappointed so far.

Dear Satelight,

Please to be stopping teh bad fanservice in a show like this, for it be STUPID. =_=

.......-thanxkbye.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8