• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Deadman Walking

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Lady Multi wrote:
I love both the TV and the OVAs of Hellsing. Both for different reasons. I haven't watched the dub but I'm excited about actually having copies of the show.

As for Deadman Wonderland I just can't make myself get into a long series. I barely have any interest left for my old obsession that is Naruto. Knowing that Deadman Wonderland is a continuing manga series put me off.
...Hell, I just recently bought all of Inuyasha since the story is officially finished, though just not all released in the US yet (soon though).

Haven't seen King of Thorn...

Well, the Deadman anime is currently only 12 episodes long and as for the manga, I think Tokyopop ended on the sixth volume. And the manga is currently on hiatus in Japan. So you probably have time to catch up if you change your mind.

See you just stated exactly my problem with the series. I already have like... 4 series that went into Hiatus status. I really don't want to add any more to the list.

I liked the premise of the series, but I don't want to get into another series that the end may not come for quite a long while down the road.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Just remembered, I forgot to tell jr0904 that Tokyopop didn't license
the Hellsing manga. It's licensed by Dark Horse. It's only 10 volumes, if you're interested.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
... I think the only thing I enjoyed about Deadman Wonderland was the OP, ED and Shiro. ...

The OP and ED were not the only things I liked about Deadman Wonderland, but the OP was the thing I like the most about Deadman Wonderland.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
I tried to read a few chapters of Deadman Wonderland, but I was just extremely befuddled that the entire plot kicks off because the legal system decides to convict a scrawny little teenager of ripping his entire classroom to shreds, just because he was the only survivor. I mean...really?

It kind of made me hard to hold my interest for awhile. I'd like to revisit it, but it's really not high on my priorities.

Does the story ever address this whole thing later? Like, is there something else going on behind the conviction, or is the law really that stupidly hardcore?
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:
Like, is there something else going on behind the conviction, or is the law really that stupidly hardcore?

Ganta was framed, including a fake video of him confessing to the crime. The conviction was to get him into Deadman Wonderland (the "amusement park") because he new had blood powers after coming into contact with the girl (when she slaughtered his class).

This was all explained or alluded to in episode one of the Anime. Of course, just because it was explained does not make it any less stupid than it already is.

Of course, the entire show is uniformly garbage and that's the least of the problems it has.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4