• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Aya Hirano to Use Twitter for 1 Day Only

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Yet in the United States, voice actors are just normal regular people and occasionally sing theme songs.

Funny, I hear some of them are considered celebrities in their own right. A couple are true diva's (or whack jobs that need institutionalization...same thing).
Ranma87

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Yet in the United States, voice actors are just normal regular people and occasionally sing theme songs.

Funny, I hear some of them are considered celebrities in their own right. A couple are true diva's (or whack jobs that need institutionalization...same thing).
There are only a hand full of semi-famous voice actors in the united states.

The vast majority of people who do voice work get no recognition at all aside from a hand full of hardcore fans.
Azure Shift

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
writerpatrick wrote:
Classic example of a bad use of Twitter. Complete waste.

Really. See, this could have been a chance to see some neat tidbits. It's okay to say "Walking home in the heat was a drag" or "I'm off to make blueberry muffins!" or whatever, but I don't see the point in mentioning when you eat, when you bathe, and when you sleep. I'll occasionally write something like "Bored. Staring at a tree outside my window" or "Got to sleep in for once", but not every day (or even week) and nothing to the extent of cataloging a life.

But, to be honest, I only made a Twitter account to ask Yen Press a question. Now I just use it for random updates (...every few days), to enter contests/giveaways, and to ask companies questions. Yeah.

I wonder that too..How people on twitter pretty much monologue their daily life.(With the very small amount of characters in the "Tweeting" space..)Kinda don't get why they would bother but yeah joined twitter just to see what some of my friends were doing on it that aside guess this would be slightly interesting if there was some sort of list translating what she is saying haha. Oh and i it just me or the picture of her in the article has her looking alot like Chie.(From persona 4.) In it?
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

There are only a hand full of semi-famous voice actors in the united states.

So why do I keep hearing Vic Mignog....Vic Mangina....That guy that does Edward Elric in the Fullmetal Alchemist Series as being well-known?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4