• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Level E BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tamaria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 am Reply with quote
Echo_City, you shouldn't complain about the joke not being funny if you're the one who walked away before the punchline.

In this case the punchline is episode 3. If you want to watch an manipulative pretty boy be and asshole to everyone, you'll love episode 3.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
This thread is SOOOOO meta.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
@tuxedocat: You guys know that I watch the response threads to my reviews closely, so if I had found anything that 誤称 said personally insulting or demeaning then I would have said something by now.

@誤称: You're pushing it with your "numbers in names" comments. Most of the users in these forums who put numbers in their names do so for very specific reasons. (dtm42 has explained before what his is all about, although I don't recall what he said about it.)

EDIT:
ss-hikaru wrote:
Quote:
the “Are you ready?” by Prince Baka, which leads into it in most episodes, sounds like it was dubbed for this release

Actually it's part of the original song Smile Vocalist did a good job not turning it into engrish huh? Anime hyper Wonder if any of the other english phrases in the closer were decipherable...

I listened very closely to that on both language tracks, and I'm fairly convinced that Vic dubbed that for the English track. It sounds more like Engrish on the Japanese track than it does on the English track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I can understand how the ending may have seemed rushed, but I thought it was rather clever, and tied together many seemingly unrelated events. I was already looking forward to buying this as soon as I'm able, but knowing it has a nice dub makes me even more eager. It's very rare for me to watch them on my own, but they make it possible to share the series with people who aren't comfortable with subtitles, which is a huge benefit for a show that would appeal to a wider audience than most anime I watch.
ss-hikaru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I listened very closely to that on both language tracks, and I'm fairly convinced that Vic dubbed that for the English track. It sounds more like Engrish on the Japanese track than it does on the English track.

Oh wow really?! That's an interesting thing to dub, actually, that's a really nice touch! (considering that it was part of the original musical track, and not voiced by the Prince's Japanese VA in the original).

(sorry, I haven't watched the dub, I guess I assumed that since the original was in "english" that there would be no need/point in dubbing the beginning of the ED).
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:27 am Reply with quote
I always thought the ending was rushed because the original manga ended up cancelled and so had a rushed ending...but that was an assumption on my part, and I dont know if its true. Its a real shame and I personally think Jump just wasnt the best magazine for it if it is true. I'm still sad knowing there will never be more of it.
It does make me sad how underrated this show is but I'm glad it got a good review. Personally, I think the episodes around the middle were the weakest and they were better in the beginning and end (some of the Color Rangers stuff was brilliant but the bulk of it I just couldnt get into).

I still scream and cry internally whenever I remember Vic mcnoodle is voicing Baka, because I honestly can't stand the man and his lack of vocal range. Daisuke Namikawa did a flawless job, though - it's actually one of my favourite roles of his because he would drastically change his voice for effect in so many scenes it was like he went through his entire character register despite staying in character as Prince Baka. Vic's 'I sound exactly the same no matter who I voice' just doesnt even come close.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4