• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters to Release Voltron in September

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Absolutely freakin' incredible!!! I thought that there wouldn't be a chance in hell of seeing Golion or Dairugger out here...I mean, hell the only trace I've ever seen of those are some extremely godawful VHS fansubs of each series' first couple episodes from way back in the day. I've heard they never had an LD or VHS release in Japan. Are they getting a DVD release in Japan perhaps? Man, now all we need to get is a couple more shows like Dancougar, Bismarck (Japanese version of Saber Rider), Machine Robo, Zillion, the rest of Saint Seiya, Borgman TV, Dirty Pair TV and Shurato on DVD to us and I can die a happy man. Thank you Media Blasters. You've made the day of this old hound dog. Doumo Arigatou Gozaimashita!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:14 pm Reply with quote
tekwych wrote:
There is even a blockbuster Hollywood film in the works, produced by Mark Gordon (Saving Private Ryan), Pharrell Williams (N.E.R.D.) and New Line Cinema, along with an all new animation in production from Kickstart Entertainment.

Incidentally I think N.E.R.D. is the Voltron series mantra. No-one Ever Really Dies. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:53 am Reply with quote
sooooooooo....anyone bought the 20 anniversary Voltron figure from Toynami yet?

there are few floating around including eBay and RightStuf for $150....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
tekwych

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes. Great figure. Well designed and it looks and moves great. Big Bad Toy Store still has them available.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes, 2 classic of American adapted anime and 2 classic Giant Robot series come to R1 thanks to MB, after they've saved Giant Robo and Iczer 1 from limbo among other anime properties and giving us also Teknoman and Tekkaman Blade, MB has become the Haven of Classic Mecha anime.... John Sirabella, you rule!!!!

and about Mazinger Z I also want this classic in R1, even if we also get a Tranzor Z release

and if you aren't picking up CPM's release of Armored Trooper Votoms, you should do so, it Old School-rific!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Grendel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
This is the best news I have heard in years with the release of the orginal series. This is one shows I miss watching when I was a kid along with Mazinger Z (which I wish someone would release)
Twisted Evil
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I don't have one yet. But if you go here you can have one for around $156, shipping is included in the price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
sooooooooo....anyone bought the 20 anniversary Voltron figure from Toynami yet?

there are few floating around including eBay and RightStuf for $150....

As much as I want one I just know I'm going to be the one guy that breaks the flimsy arm connectors. I'm waiting until I can get one on sale or with an online coupon.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
After I missed out on the Combattler V, I pre-ordered the Voltes V (Soul of Chogokin GX-31) this time. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4