• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AS line-up

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
Kaiterra wrote:
There's one reason I'm really disappointed with the way that the ball was dropped on Gundam SEED trying to work it like an action figure commercial or something. I mean here was a show with real cross-over audience potential. It's got a pretty gosh darn big female fanbase even though it's primarily an action show. What a shame.

SEED never aired on AS, it was on Toonami. And the reason it failed was because most of the kids thought it was boring (too much of the characters talking, not enough giant robot action). This is the main reason why Gundam is not popular in America (outside of anime fandom).
Break

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Ok from this point on, there is no anime before midnight on [as].

I am sure everyone knew that, but I felt the need to point it out, that at no point during any day during the week will you be able to catch an anime on [as] before midnight for a very long time.

Yeah I don't really like this last night I was having a hard time staying up waiting for the shows(got up at 6 yesterday) and then when they premiered I had to try to keep myself awake. It's very strange what their doing, maybe they have some genius planin the works.

By the way I like most of their shows original shows.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeaaaaaa. A new anime finally made it to the top three.
Quote:
Numbers Game
Part I

Previous winner:
Futurama [2:00am] - 450,000

Highest Rated Adult Swim
Programs Saturday 9/16/06
[Viewers 18-34]

Futurama 516,000

Korgoth 364,000

Trinity Blood 359,000

Another solid showing

The Falcons literally run over the Bucs
and then...

The interesting thing is that Futurama got so high. I haven't seen the number one spot go very much over 400k on Saturdays in a while. The previous week was high too, but no anime was in the top three then. The only thing I can think is the new anime must be drawing people in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I can't understand how Korgoth got a higher spot than trinity blood...its not really that funny. Even if you hate anime it just was that stupid IMO.
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Wait, let me get this straight: that mediocre Trinity Blood got higher ratings than the likes of Bleach and Eureka 7?

Grr...

And I was watching only Bleach, Eureka 7, and FLCL last Saturday.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
I can't understand how Korgoth got a higher spot than trinity blood...its not really that funny. Even if you hate anime it just was that stupid IMO.

Yeah, it's HIGHLY UNFAIR that comedy always does better than anime. [AS] needs to just switch anime and comedy around, as comedy isn't sequential. Comedy fans can wait till later in the block to catch their shows.

As for Korgoth, it's still far too early to say whether or not I like it. Just one episode isn't enough to form an opinion about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Again...Tom is based on a sprite comic and it's creators have openly admitted they never watch the final product, 12 oz. mouse looks like some retards crayons drawings on hyped up ammounts of ritilin, and Squidbillies is the entire Blue Collar Comedy tour gone bad. Even Crayon Shinchan, thought it's dated, had better qualities than part of their comedy block.

At least ATHF attempts to look semi-professional.

Yeah, you said that. It still doesn't matter. The shows are meant to be funny, and they are (although I'm not a huge fan of 12 oz. or Tom myself). Higher animation quality would make them prettier, but not funnier. Comedy doesn't have to be pretty.

Quote:

Korgoth is crazy awesome, I can't wait until they make more.
goins007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:28 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Again...Tom is based on a sprite comic and it's creators have openly admitted they never watch the final product, 12 oz. mouse looks like some retards crayons drawings on hyped up ammounts of ritilin, and Squidbillies is the entire Blue Collar Comedy tour gone bad. Even Crayon Shinchan, thought it's dated, had better qualities than part of their comedy block.

At least ATHF attempts to look semi-professional.

Yeah, you said that. It still doesn't matter. The shows are meant to be funny, and they are (although I'm not a huge fan of 12 oz. or Tom myself). Higher animation quality would make them prettier, but not funnier. Comedy doesn't have to be pretty.

Quote:

Korgoth is crazy awesome, I can't wait until they make more.

Yeah I'm a fan, I like Trinity blood...but I'm still waiting to find out whats supposed to be going on in the story
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Why the hate for Trinity Blood?

<--------Will reserve final judgement until more eps have aired
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
I'm just a frustrated Eureka 7 fan. Don't mind me. Wink

It's just my feeling that the show has been given much less credit than it deserves; besides, Bandai was pretty brave to propose a new show like that in the first place (though the final product isn't Bandai's idea), and I'd like to see such efforts again.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah baby!
Quote:
Numbers Game
Part I

Previous winner:
Futurama - 516,000

Highest Rated Adult Swim
Programs Saturday 9/23/06
[Viewers 18-34]

Trinity Blood 522,000

Bleach 479,000

FLCL 477,000

Who say anime
not pull in ratings?

Oh right, we say.

First time in a long time with anime ratings this good.

And an anime took the whole top three to boot. Really long time since that happened.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

<--------Will reserve final judgement until more eps have aired

I don't think there is any hate, just that most people expect Bleach to do better. But given the audience I think I understand why TB does better. For the [as] audience it is a surprizing change in general theme, and they crave that.

I still think the two should switch spots, but with the current numbers, not likely. And with this weeks rates you can't blame them.
deepon05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I applaud AS for putting Bleach and Trinity Blood on the lineup. I respect Trigun and Cowboy Bebob and others, but it was time for a change. I haven't really sat down to watch Eureka 7 yet (I will in the near furture) but I have a question. What the hell is FLCL doing BACK on AS. FLCL had its time on AS, and I HATE that anime with a passion. Absolutely hate it. Why not Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime or maybe even Azumanga Daioh? I'd love to rewatch those along with TB and Bleach.

And as for the comedy section, not all of them are as sucessful as the anime. They get picked up by AS because THEY make them. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is pretty good as is Robot Chicken. Who doesn't love some Robot Chicken. O and before I forget, Metalocolypse is so retarded thats its funny. Like almost South Park funny. AS will never give up Family Guy and Futurama. Those will always bring in viewers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
deepon05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I applaud AS for putting Bleach and Trinity Blood on the lineup. I respect Trigun and Cowboy Bebob and others, but it was time for a change. I haven't really sat down to watch Eureka 7 yet (I will in the near furture) but I have a question. What the hell is FLCL doing BACK on AS. FLCL had its time on AS, and I HATE that anime with a passion. Absolutely hate it. Why not Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime or maybe even Azumanga Daioh? I'd love to rewatch those along with TB and Bleach.

And as for the comedy section, not all of them are as sucessful as the anime. They get picked up by AS because THEY make them. Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is pretty good as is Robot Chicken. Who doesn't love some Robot Chicken. O and before I forget, Metalocolypse is so retarded thats its funny. Like almost South Park funny. AS will never give up Family Guy and Futurama. Those will always bring in viewers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
deepon05 wrote:
What the hell is FLCL doing BACK on AS. FLCL had its time on AS, and I HATE that anime with a passion. Absolutely hate it.
Because I love it with an even greater passion and everyone knows I own AS. Wink

No, not really. The latter's a joke, but the former is truth beyond truth.

By the way, your suggestions do not really work because the AS demographic is action-oriented, or at least that's what they're aiming for. Personally, I'd love to see Azumanga Daioh on TV.

Anyway, hooray for the Return of Anime!!!111one!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7