• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Springtime for Panties

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm Reply with quote
@ TarsTarkas: not sure what you mean by AoA not doing it. AoA released a Durarara BD LE set and then later a non-LE, for example. Mind you, there wasn't a huge difference in price. It has offered a non-LE of OreImo after releasing the LE. Plus, on a number of occasions it has offered LEs and more barebones versions at the same time.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I think he might mean as a practice? I don't think Aniplex of America always does that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

Also, what do you mean by your theathers being "quicker"?

Getting movies faster. (Seems movie theater prices "work" too, but people still think it's high.)
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
Denki-gai is a lot of fun and though it is lewd, the comedic timing is fantastic for it. Very underrated as a comedy.

But yeah, I can see why that price can be a tad steep.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ TarsTarkas: not sure what you mean by AoA not doing it. AoA released a Durarara BD LE set and then later a non-LE, for example. Mind you, there wasn't a huge difference in price. It has offered a non-LE of OreImo after releasing the LE. Plus, on a number of occasions it has offered LEs and more barebones versions at the same time.

Wasn't referring to Durarara or OreImo. If I remember right Garden of Sinners was the beginning of the AoA apocalypse, followed by Fate Zero, then SAO.

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough, but I meant an affordable standard BD release (doesn't have to be cheap, just affordable).
gridsleep

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:58 am Reply with quote
At $23 per episode, or about a dollar a minute, is the equivalent of paying $558 to buy The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Did anyone pay $558 for The Lord of the Rings? Even on Blu-ray? Paying a dollar a minute for anime is reminiscent of the old, old days of paying a dollar a minute for a dial up connection to Compuserve.
lem

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
is the equivalent of paying $558 to buy The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

so in this completely logical fair minded assumption the PonyCan release is in the same league as The Lord of the Rings trilogy? - its popularity on an intergalactic scale notwithstanding. I mean seriously no one has ever heard of the books and movies. Heck it was only released yesterday and 300 plus million Americans have never once seen it advertised on National TV or any other media source in their life time.

But on the other hand, everyone and his brother, at least in the predominantly english speaking world, knows all about PonyCan's venture into R1. That I'm 100% certain of!

yes. Totally agree this is the best way to regard the PonyCan pricing. Makes perfect sense. The two works are on a completely level playing field to make a comparison to one another.

as for the old days. they're still here. Infrastructure for high speed internet in the US is inconsistent. As in limited to where you live and what you're willing to pay and who has the best fiber optic in place. Ask anyone that lives in a rural area (me). Yeah, it still sucks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4