• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Why Is Sunday So Dead At Anime Conventions?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:58 am Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
This is quite different in the UK, a lot of our cons have closing ceremony at about 6pm Sunday but still have some stuff happening after closing like the final party which might wrap at 1am-3am Monday. I'm talking about our medium sized cons here predominantly (which would be considered small cons in the US attendance figures of around 1000-2000). People usually book the Sunday night in the hotel too and go home Monday. True the dealers room winds down but there's usually plenty of people around and few people leave on Sunday itself unless they couldn't get Monday off.

For Sakura-Con (which, as mentioned before, has good attendance on Sunday, which, it should be pointed out, is always Easter Sunday, which makes our good Sunday attendance even more significant), Closing Ceremonies generally runs 4-5pm. The Dealer's Hall closes at 4. Then there's an hour between Closing and Suggestions and Comments, which is from 6-7 and lets people comment on things they liked and didn't like, as well as opening up nominations for those Executive positions that are up for re-election. So technically we run until 7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4